Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I am going to De Montfort uni next month and will be staying at Victoria Halls, I rang up weeks ago and asked about parking and VH car parking is full. I've contacted De Montfort themselves asking if I could possibly buy parking for any other halls or anything and they basically said there wasn't much available. I've even contacted Leicester council asking for a permit but they cannot give me one because there is student parking available. I've also looked at websites for parking spaces long-term and they're very expensive and fairly far from my accommodation. I am desperate to take my car with me as I am supposed to be getting a job transfer but the pub/hotel I will be transferred to is not on bus route so they have said own transport is essential. Is anyone else in the same position or any suggestions on what to do because I'm desperate and running out of ideas! Or if anybody is living in private accommodation with free parking I would be willing to pay them to let me park my car there all year? anything! thanks

ReputationRep:
    Just down the road from Victoria Halls over the roundabout at the Holiday Inn there is a carpark that does parking all day for £3. It's not bad sometimes you struggle for spaces. There's also another one thats a gravel pit that's £2.50 a day but it closes at 6:30pm sharp. Parking on sundays in Leicester town is free so you can park on a road on a sunday for free. I imagine your hall may have a carpark too? I might be wrong though. I'd say park in the Highcross carpark but it's quite expensive unless you're a staff member, but there's always carparking spaces.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.