Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm not staying in student accommodation for my first year at university so I feel like it's going to be harder to meet new people. Is anyone else staying at home?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya!
    That's exactly what I'm worried about been trying to find people who are taking the same/similar course but haven't had any luck yet!

I'm studying Earth Science you?

Amy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ABates2015)
    Hiya!
    That's exactly what I'm worried about been trying to find people who are taking the same/similar course but haven't had any luck yet!

I'm studying Earth Science you?

Amy
    I'm studying English Lit with Creative Writing haha, so not very similar! But yeah I'm having trouble finding people on my course too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyVP22)
    I'm studying English Lit with Creative Writing haha, so not very similar! But yeah I'm having trouble finding people on my course too
    Hopefully we'll find people who are doing the same courses as us soon! Do you have far to travel into Newcastle?

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully we'll find people who are doing the same courses as us soon! Do you have far to travel into Newcastle?
    Yeah, hopefully! And not too bad, about half an hour on the bus, 20 minutes driving. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, hopefully! And not too bad, about half an hour on the bus, 20 minutes driving. What about you?
    I live in Hartlepool, so it's about an hour on the train. But if I wanted to drive it would take about the same depending on traffic not sure what to do at the minute though.

Are you planning on going to freshers?

ReputationRep:
    I live in Hartlepool, so it's about an hour on the train. But if I wanted to drive it would take about the same depending on traffic not sure what to do at the minute though.

Are you planning on going to freshers?
    Aaah right :/ and yeah hopefully, I'm keen on meeting new people so it should be good, my only problem is that I'm a bit of a lightweight so I'm not sure I'll survive!
    What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Aaah right :/ and yeah hopefully, I'm keen on meeting new people so it should be good, my only problem is that I'm a bit of a lightweight so I'm not sure I'll survive!
    What about you?

Haha that's my problem too, don't really drink that much to begin with! But looking forward to the paintballing and quad biking and stuff can't wait to just start the course now - 28 September can't come quick enough!

ReputationRep:
    Haha that's my problem too, don't really drink that much to begin with! But looking forward to the paintballing and quad biking and stuff can't wait to just start the course now - 28 September can't come quick enough!
    Yeah same here haha, and that does sound good but I'll probably be really bad at it! Yeah I can't wait for September!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same here haha, and that does sound good but I'll probably be really bad at it! Yeah I can't wait for September!
    Might see you on campus!
    Have you received your email to register online yet?

You should check to see if they have a group on Facebook for people studying English Lit in September

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm staying at home too. I'm also scared about the social aspect of university because of this. However, I've just decided to throw myself into everything at freshers and try not to be too shy! What course are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    No not yet, it needs to hurry up though!

And yeah I've been meaning to check, my older sister suggested doing that, I think that's how she met her friends on her course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma5331)
    Hey, I'm staying at home too. I'm also scared about the social aspect of university because of this. However, I've just decided to throw myself into everything at freshers and try not to be too shy! What course are you doing?
    Yeah that's what I'm planning on doing! I'm studying English literature, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's what I'm planning on doing! I'm studying English literature, what about you?
    I'm going to be doing combined honours. I'll be doing English Literature too! However, I'll also be doing classical studies and possibly a third subject during the first year.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same boat .. urgh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma5331)
    I'm going to be doing combined honours. I'll be doing English Literature too! However, I'll also be doing classical studies and possibly a third subject during the first year.
    Ooh that sounds interesting! Have you got your reading lists?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Possible)
    It sucks :/ what course are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    That's exactly my attitude! Totally nervous about meeting new people, so just going to try and get involved in everything haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Possible)
    I'm sure we'll all be fine once we get there haha what course are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Ooh that sounds interesting! Have you got your reading lists?
    I've had a look on the university recommended reading lists, but haven't been sent any official list if that's what you mean. On combined honours you don't actually put your subjects down until you get there, so I imagine reading lists/time tables and such, are given to you within the first few days? Honestly don't have a clue. I've just received an email on how to enroll so I guess things will become clearer once that's complete.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 17, 2015
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.