Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have just finished my AS levels going into A2 in september and for AS i got BEU in maths, physics and geography. I know i didnt work hard and dont know whether to resit the year or just resit certain subjects. I am looking to get an apprenticeship after A levels in engineering and need advice on what grades i would need in order to do that.

ReputationRep:
    im not sure what grades you would need for the appprenticeship so this is something you need to discuss with ur teacher or the person working within the company doing the apprenticeship.

If you got a B in maths you can just retake C1 and C2, because they are heavily related to the work in C3 and C4 so it wouldnt be an added workload. This would potentially allow you to get an A.

As for the E in physics, ask if you can resit the module that you got the lowest in, to get a better grade overall. Im not sure about geography so this is something that you should discuss with your teacher because they would probably know what the best option is for you. All the retakes will be hard, especially physics, but if you're willing to work hard throughout the whole year theres no reaon why you shouldnt get the grades that you want.

goodluck with your apprenticeship!

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.