Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello all

So I got my AS results last week, and they were pretty bad - ABCC in ICT, business studies, maths and economics respectively. I want to do Japanese studies with either business management or Korean and had originally planned on dropping business studies when going into A2. But now that I got my results, I've decided to drop the C subjects though I'm really unsure as to which one.

To break it down I got:
    Maths AQA:
    D1 - A
    C1 - C
    C2 - D
    overall - C

Economics OCR:
    Paper 1 - B
    Paper 2 - C
    overall - C

If I go on with economics I plan to retake both papers, and if maths then I plan to retake the C1 and C2 papers. The thing is, economics is easier than maths but next year there will be a new economics syllabus so I will have to learn some new content on top of revising some stuff again. AS maths papers should be easier after covering A2 content, but I'm not confident that I will at least be able to obtain a B by the end of it. So which to drop?? Also, which is more preferable if I want to do Japanese studies? Please help!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 24, 2015

University open days

• University of Chichester
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Thu, 25 Oct '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Oct '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.