The Student Room Group

Imperial College medicine applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chem107
Had my interview today, there is honestly nothing to worry about everyone was so friendly and smiley, very generic questions!

so no weird random 'general knowledge' oxbridge type of questions ? You know those ones that require you to think out loud as you process your thoughts etc ..
Original post by Hopefulmedic15
I saw you today! (Im assuming it's you, the guy I saw had a Scottish accent) and I was sat at the table next to you in the cafe before we got called for the tour :P

I wish that was me, my train got cancelled and I didn't get told until I arrived at the station so I had to take a train to carlisle and then from there to london instead of going on the tour

I arrived for my interview as people from the last slot were leaving lmao
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by christinedona
so no weird random 'general knowledge' oxbridge type of questions ? You know those ones that require you to think out loud as you process your thoughts etc ..

Not in the slightest, in fact I came out of there wondering how the hell they were meant to tell whether I was good or not since it was so relaxed and unlike other interviews
Original post by not you
I wish that was me, my train got cancelled and I didn't get told until I arrived at the station so I had to take a train to carlisle and then from there to london instead of going on the tour

I arrived for my interview as people from the last slot were leaving lmao

Oh sugar! Did you still make it to your interview in time?? (I'm assuming you meant the people who had their interview just before yours was scheduled but you could have meant the last slot of the day!)

That sounds like a nightmare although I was talking to a couple of the other girls who had an interview - one of them had their shoes break on the way to it and had to buy a new pair then, and the other had a landslide by her house?? What is going on today :L
Original post by Cadherin
Anyone rejected because of BMAT yet?

Hopefully not! Thought my BMAT would be enough for an interview but now I seem to be losing hope :/.
Original post by not you
Not in the slightest, in fact I came out of there wondering how the hell they were meant to tell whether I was good or not since it was so relaxed and unlike other interviews

Oh sugar! Did you still make it to your interview in time?? (I'm assuming you meant the people who had their interview just before yours was scheduled but you could have meant the last slot of the day!)

That sounds like a nightmare although I was talking to a couple of the other girls who had an interview - one of them had their shoes break on the way to it and had to buy a new pair then, and the other had a landslide by her house?? What is going on today :L

I didn't know who anyone was but you all looked so nervous and I felt really bad for everyone. :tongue:

Sounds like none of you had bad experiences though, so that's good!
Original post by theRaichu
Hopefully not! Thought my BMAT would be enough for an interview but now I seem to be losing hope :/.

what's your BMAT :smile:
Original post by Yazmin123
what's your BMAT :smile:

5.7 5.9 3B

Or maybe they haven't given out interviews to any international students yet?
Original post by usycool1
I didn't know who anyone was but you all looked so nervous and I felt really bad for everyone. :tongue:

I wasn't that nervous in the interview but I got an aftershock about half an hour later and my legs were shaking 😂

It was far more relaxed than any other interview I've attended so that was nice!
Original post by theRaichu
5.7 5.9 3B

Or maybe they haven't given out interviews to any international students yet?

You've met cutoff for each section (looking at everyone else's' bmat scores who got interviews) so good luck!

You're definitely still in the running
Original post by Chem107
Had my interview today, there is honestly nothing to worry about everyone was so friendly and smiley, very generic questions!

What time were you? I had mine at 4

Oh no, I meant last slot of the day. Had to call them up and explain that my train got cancelled and the earliest I could get there was 16:50 (last slot was 16:40). Luckily my panel were running late so I had a few minutes once I got there to catch my breath before the interview.

At least she broke her shoes in London, where you can find somewhere to get new ones, imagine breaking them in some rural village like St Andrew's :tongue: Let's just blame this string of semi-disasters on the junior doctor strike today
Original post by usycool1

Tbh unless you were the last student in the room who had a conversation with me about personal statements I don't think I would've seen you anyway haha
Reply 733
Original post by christinedona

Nope there's an ethics one which I would assume you're meant to think out loud for but nothing scientific, just enjoy it be yourself
Original post by Chem107

Did they ask about the BMAT essay?
Reply 735
Original post by sugarmelodies
Did they ask about the BMAT essay?

No they don't have it on them I don't think
Original post by Chem107
No they don't have it on them I don't think

How many interviewers are there? And how long did the interview take? Thanks! :wink:
4 people on the panel

Original post by sugarmelodies
How many interviewers are there? And how long did the interview take? Thanks! :wink:
Reply 738
For people who are still waiting (not sure if that is anyone apart from me, lol), I called them up today and here's everything I got from them:
- There's still about ~50% of their interviews to be given out so don't panic!
- They'll be given out until March.
- The invitations are usually given out 2 weeks before the date of the actual interview.
- Rejections (according to them) will not be sent en masse on one day. Instead, they'll be given out gradually depending on your reason for rejection.

Good luck to everyone still waiting for an invite and to everyone who has an interview coming up! I'm sure you'll all do great!
Original post by Lerche
For people who are still waiting (not sure if that is anyone apart from me, lol), I called them up today and here's everything I got from them:
- There's still about ~50% of their interviews to be given out so don't panic!
- They'll be given out until March.
- The invitations are usually given out 2 weeks before the date of the actual interview.
- Rejections (according to them) will not be sent en masse on one day. Instead, they'll be given out gradually depending on your reason for rejection.

Good luck to everyone still waiting for an invite and to everyone who has an interview coming up! I'm sure you'll all do great!

Thanks so much, I'm generally confused because my BMAT is 4.2 4.3 2B yet the last interviews they have given are 4.5 4.5 so I'm one mark below these people however I don't think my essay mark will make it even tho they have half the interviews to go through! I'm really unsure tho!
I rang them up today as well and they told me the exact same thing ☺️☺️

please can someone give some insight on this thinking, not sure how imperial work as such?
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending