The Student Room Group

Imperial College medicine applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Not_a_horse
Hey everyone, sorry if I am interrupting the interview discussion but does anyone mind looking through my stats to see if I'm good enough for Imperial btw I'm in year 12 and some are based on my predictions.
Gcses: 4A*s 5As (went to a really crap school and got highest in the year)
AS: B at physics A in maths
A level: A* Bio A in Chem and A in maths

You're good enough as long as you get a BMAT score above cutoff :smile:
Original post by Hectors
You're good enough as long as you get a BMAT score above cutoff :smile:

Cheers mate, btw did you apply to Imperial and if so mind sharing your stats?
Cheers mate, btw did you apply to Imperial and if so mind sharing your stats?

Got an offer, i had 1A*, 5As, 2Bs and 2Cs at GCSE (lol), 5As at A level and 4.5,4.7, 2.5 B in the BMAT
Original post by Hectors
It's about half an hour long, you go around the campus and get to ask questions about the medical school. I find it was a good way to relax a bit before the interview and also get to talk to other applicants.
Thank you!

Has anyone else got an interview tomorrow?
Hey everyone, sorry if I am interrupting the interview discussion but does anyone mind looking through my stats to see if I'm good enough for Imperial btw I'm in year 12 and some are based on my predictions.
Gcses: 4A*s 5As (went to a really crap school and got highest in the year)
AS: B at physics A in maths
A level: A* Bio A in Chem and A in maths

Yh they're fine, everyone is going to be pretty even when it comes to grades, so imperial look at other things more, ie you need to have a killer personal statement and a half decent BMAT score
Guys, is the 22:01 thing just for offers or rejections as well
Anyone else have an interview yesterday?
Met some awesome people.

I was the "chilled out guy" in the common room haha.
had my interview today and it didnt go as well as expected :/
i answered the questions pretty confidently but i felt that i could have added so much more detail to them. and my interview only lasted 10 mins
did anyone else (who has already had an offer) feel like that initially when they had their interview?
Original post by sickfam
i answered the questions pretty confidently but i felt that i could have added so much more detail to them. and my interview only lasted 10 mins
did anyone else (who has already had an offer) feel like that initially when they had their interview?

Yes - I felt like this. I think the majority of us who have offers felt like this.

Don't worry about it - you'll be fine!
Original post by sickfam

Yes, don't stress too much about it is my advice
Reply 1470
Hi Guys,I have my interview on the 8th and just received a rejection from Kings yesterday, post interview.. I royally messed that one up.

So now I feel quite demotivated. Any advice?
Original post by N0ddy
Hi Guys,I have my interview on the 8th and just received a rejection from Kings yesterday, post interview.. I royally messed that one up.

I was rejected from Kings post interview. I was also rejected from Imperial post interview and this is the second time I'm applying! Perhaps you can use my rejections to give you some motivation. Good luck!
Original post by Mehek1
Guys, is the 22:01 thing just for offers or rejections as well

It's for both offers and rejections. I got rejected by Imperial at 22:03 last night.

Just waiting for two more universities post interview results now.
Reply 1473
Original post by N0ddy

Well I got rejected from Kings, and got an offer from Imperial. So it is still possible for you to get a place at Imperial!
Original post by Koom
Well I got rejected from Kings, and got an offer from Imperial. So it is still possible for you to get a place at Imperial!

Yeah of course, you never know!
Original post by RishMilo
It's for both offers and rejections. I got rejected by Imperial at 22:03 last night.

Just waiting for two more universities post interview results now.

I'm so sorry :frown: did they say why? How did you feel the interview went? Good luck for the rest of your application!
Original post by Mehek1
I'm so sorry :frown: did they say why? How did you feel the interview went? Good luck for the rest of your application!

They didn't say why but I've asked for feedback. I felt like I had a lot more to say but wasn't asked. Oh well, there are people who are better than me. Thanks and good luck to you too!
Original post by RishMilo
They didn't say why but I've asked for feedback. I felt like I had a lot more to say but wasn't asked. Oh well, there are people who are better than me. Thanks and good luck to you too!

Is there nothing on track?:frown: I feel the same way so I'll probably be getting my rejection today/tomorrow :frown:
Original post by Mehek1
Is there nothing on track?:frown: I feel the same way so I'll probably be getting my rejection today/tomorrow :frown:

I honestly felt like that and I received an offer so don't panic, when I left my interview I felt like my answers were irrelevant and I waffled so I missed all the important points I knew I could have said but it turned out to be okay. They don't expect you to know everything, they just want to get to know you and the kind of person you are!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mehek1

Also they tend to give out rejections before offers so if you haven't heard yet and your interview was on the same day it's most likely good news

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending