The Student Room Group

PGCE Applications 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jimbles
Yes and I've accepted it!!! :smile: just my skills test numeracy to pass now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's great news! Best of luck with your numeracy!

When I did mine it was fairly similar to the practice ones and Numeracy Ready but I did have one question that involved area which surprised me because that hadn't come up on any of them. Other than that it was pretty much the same though!
Original post by *tango*
Well done! Are you going to accept their offer?

Thank you!

I really liked the university and staff - i'm torn.

If I get an interview/offer for my school direct place, I will go for them (UCL accredited).

But if I don't, I think I will go for reading.
Original post by Aemiliana
That's great news! Best of luck with your numeracy!

When I did mine it was fairly similar to the practice ones and Numeracy Ready but I did have one question that involved area which surprised me because that hadn't come up on any of them. Other than that it was pretty much the same though!

Thank you!! The rest is all on me now!

When I did a practice test just to gauge where I currently am with maths, I was 10% of the pass mark. I know that's terrible but I haven't done maths properly for nearly 7 years so didn't think it was too bad!

I'm confident with the book I've got to help me, a few more practice goes and some belief I can do this :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jimbles
I got a place!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratz, was that a school direct one?
Original post by TunaTunnel
Congratz, was that a school direct one?

Thank you! No, its a PGCE uni based one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jimbles
Thank you! No, its a PGCE uni based one!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cambridge or your other choice :smile:?
Made my choice, decided to follow my gut feeling and go with Manchester Met. First choice to begin with, but was tempted by the SCITT.

Still surprised I got three interviews, let alone three offers! Well, two offers and a 'the course closed before we could interview you, but we're happy to put you on the reserve list'. For the sake of my ego, that counts as an offer.

Now if I can just pass the literacy test on Saturday and the numeracy test first week of January, this show will well and truly be on the road.
Original post by sjla94
Congratulations! I have my interview tomorrow - Can I ask what you did your presentation/group discussion on and what questions you were asked? I was just told yesterday that I would have my interview tomorrow - so obviously, I am absolutely petrified!
I spoke about the removal of levels to assess progress. I was asked what I would so if a parent was aggressive towards me, why professional relationships are important. What strengths I have that'll make me a good teacher, my weaknesses. Talk about a lesson I observed and explain how it made me think about children's learning. Good luck xx
Cambridge or your other choice :smile:?

My other one - Cambridge straight out rejected me (was a hopeful choice really). But I have a place, barring some conditions to get it, but I'm so happy!!!
Hi! I've received an e-mail from UCL stating that I am invited to their interview for January. I am incredibly gobsmacked because I thought never in a million years will I be contacted by UCL. Does anyone have tips for their interview?
Original post by jimbles
My other one - Cambridge straight out rejected me (was a hopeful choice really). But I have a place, barring some conditions to get it, but I'm so happy!!!

If you need any maths help just ask, I'll be willing to explain stuff to people.
Have a first interview with my second choice school direct secondary on Friday, a second interview with my third (possibly now second) choice on Tuesday and waiting to hear from UEL regarding their bit of the interview for my first choice school (now have a conditional offer from the school on ucas, pending my uni interview and skills test). It's a bit of a headache as already have had to fork out for changing my flights from Sunday to Tuesday and now hoping all these interviews can be squeezed into my three working days back in London. Plus skills test on Saturday!! What a week...and tomorrow I have my long day of teaching over here in Barna...9 hours of classes!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jodiek28
I spoke about the removal of levels to assess progress. I was asked what I would so if a parent was aggressive towards me, why professional relationships are important. What strengths I have that'll make me a good teacher, my weaknesses. Talk about a lesson I observed and explain how it made me think about children's learning. Good luck xx

How long was your interview? It doesn't sound like it was very long! but thank you so much :smile:
Original post by sjla94
How long was your interview? It doesn't sound like it was very long! but thank you so much :smile:
I was in for around 10 mins and they asked 9 questions. They were really lovely and it didn't feel like an interview. Good luck x
Original post by rede121
Had my interview at reading yesterday, and they told me 5 minutes into the interview that they wanted me! (it was supposed to be a 45 minute interview). So chuffed! :blush:

Congratulations :smile: what kind of questions did they ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you need any maths help just ask, I'll be willing to explain stuff to people.

Thank you! Maths isn't my best point so I may call you up on that offer!
Original post by Ariana94
Hi! I've received an e-mail from UCL stating that I am invited to their interview for January. I am incredibly gobsmacked because I thought never in a million years will I be contacted by UCL. Does anyone have tips for their interview?

I also got a date for interview with them in January ! 😊
Original post by rede121
Had my interview at reading yesterday, and they told me 5 minutes into the interview that they wanted me! (it was supposed to be a 45 minute interview). So chuffed! :blush:

Well done , that's great news 😊
Original post by jodiek28
I got a place at Southampton :smile: I got told there and then. I very nearly cried... after all the rejection I'm finally able to complete my studies and do the job I love. Absolutely over the moon!!!!!

So happy for you, congrats! True testament that you should never give up on your dreams. Cheesy but true ^_^
Original post by Aemiliana
Go to both interviews. Unless the first uni gets you to sign something, you have 10 days from when you've heard back from EVERYONE to decide where you want to go if you get multiple offers.

Thank you 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending