The Student Room Group

PGCE Applications 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nasrin9494
I think they're asking for your school work experience letter or report. I got a letter from the school which is what I shown them in my interviews

Thanks. I haven't got anything from school. I will make a report myself and get it signed.
Original post by Niyo123
Thanks. I haven't got anything from school. I will make a report myself and get it signed.

No. I haven't firmed my offer yet. It will be either BCU or wolverhampton.
Good luck..
Hi Everyone,
I need an opinion and was wondering if anyone could help. I have been invited to a selection day at the City of Leicester College and was asked to bring with me a resource that can be used in a history lesson, which could include a picture, a piece of text or an artefact and I am in two minds about what to bring. On the one hand I found this wonderful extract in chapter 2 of Oliver Twist where Dickens uses a sarcastic tone in that section to criticise the newly established rules in the workhouses. In using this source I am hoping to explain how literature can be used as a historical source because writers of the period often provide an insight into the time during which they lived. And Dickens has often been noted to be very observant about poverty during the Victorian period. On the other hand however, I have a first-hand account of life within a London workhouse in 1885 written by a man during the time that he was an inmate there for several months. He describes a lot of things such as corruption among the staff. I don't know whether to play it safe or take a risk and try to be original. What do you think??? The selection day is on Monday so I only really have tomorrow and some of Friday to prepare. I would really appreciate your opinion! Xxx
So no other uni of Worcester people here?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How much did people pay to get the medical health form signed by a doctor? One at uni wants £55 to sign a piece of paper.
Original post by TunaTunnel
How much did people pay to get the medical health form signed by a doctor? One at uni wants £55 to sign a piece of paper.

Free

My doctor did it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine was free - I dropped it off in an envelope addressed to my doctor at the surgery, and included a self addressed envelope so she could post it back. It's quite hard for them to charge you when you're not there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dccgk8
I'm there on the same too and have no idea what to talk about in the presentation!!

I don't know if the 'learning experience ' we have to do a presentation on is regarding our learning or something we saw or took part in whilst working in a school !!! 🙈😂
Original post by blueberry muffin
Has anyone else got an interview at the ioe in January? I'm struggling with the presentation part, it's hard to think of a "powerful learning experience" related to primary education :frown: I bet people will mostly refer to their voluntary work right? I'll probably do that but what else are people doing there's on, please share 😄

I have no idea what it is they want , is it in relation to our voluntary work or life experiences ... I'm stuck too 🙈 I'm working as a TA so don't know whether to use something I have done at school
Original post by ChandlerBing95
Hey,

I've got my primary PGCE interview coming up for IOE and i was wondering if anyone knew what they meant about a learning experience for the presentation part of the interview? I'm really worried I'm going to say completely the wrong thing

I've got an interview coming up and I'm feeling exactly the same , no idea whether they want a life experience or work experience argh
Reply 2850
Has anyone done there QTS literacy skills recently and have any advice please ????
Original post by carolineherts
I've got an interview coming up and I'm feeling exactly the same , no idea whether they want a life experience or work experience argh

I'm in the same boat :frown: also for the assessment in english and maths will it be at primary level or gcse?
has anyone else got their interview for the IOE on the 29th Jan? got more than 3 weeks to go but I'm already nervous as anything :frown:
Has anyone with an offer for a secondary PGCE at Cambridge been able to get hold of the admin guy? I've not heard from him in weeks.

I know that they'll have been off with the holidays but I've sent emails this week and even called him today and I still haven't managed to reach him.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Aemiliana
Has anyone with an offer for a secondary PGCE at Cambridge been able to get hold of the admin guy? I've not heard from him in weeks.

I know that they'll have been off with the holidays but I've sent emails this week and even called him today and I still haven't managed to reach him.

I've been in contact with Ursula, but I think she's just for English. We have exchanged emails a couple of times this week (she told me we should hear about colleges by the end of January), but term doesn't officially start until Monday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aemiliana

I've had replies from Mr Garnett the past few days if thats who you mean?
Original post by Ashleyclaire
I've been in contact with Ursula, but I think she's just for English. We have exchanged emails a couple of times this week (she told me we should hear about colleges by the end of January), but term doesn't officially start until Monday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay, I thought we had the same one as the phone number listed for all the secondary ones is the same as the guy I'm trying to get in touch with.

True but I figured that the staff would probably be back before the students, they are at my uni anyway!
(edited 8 years ago)
I've had replies from Mr Garnett the past few days if thats who you mean?

Yeah it is.

I've left him a voicemail now anyway as my internet isn't reliable enough to be checking for emails all the time (and possibly not reliable enough for the emails to have been sent...) so hopefully I don't get lost in a mountain of other work he has to do!

Edit: he's replied now so I guess my email was just buried under all the others he must get. I'm just a bit anxious about some of my paperwork and one of the conditions so I was being a silly sausage.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by dani.california
has anyone else got their interview for the IOE on the 29th Jan? got more than 3 weeks to go but I'm already nervous as anything :frown:

Mine is on the 14th at IOE 😁
Has anyone received confirmation from Cambridge that they've received all the paper work? I keep on worrying it's got lost in the post!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending