The Student Room Group

PGCE Applications 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3000
Original post by blueberry muffin
Did anyone else feel their ioe one on one interview was quite short?

Mine went sooo quickly!
Passed literacy test first time, it was really hard
Original post by TunaTunnel
Passed literacy test first time, it was really hard

Congratulations... Do you think the real one is as same as the practice ones on dfe site?
I've got mine in 2 weeks time. so scared :'(
Reply 3003
Original post by carolineherts
I've got my interview at IOE on the 14th at 8.45 ! No idea about the presentation 🙈 and I'm really nervous lol

Anyone else there on the same day ?

How did your interview and presentation go?
Original post by ACB94
Mine went sooo quickly!

Mine felt like it went quickly too but when I checked the time it was the full 20 mins!
Original post by ACB94
How did your interview and presentation go?

I felt it went well but I can't wait to find out whether I got in- I was very nervous for my presentation but apart from speaking quickly I think it was ok. My interviewer was very nice and chatted back to me throughout which made me relax!
I've just sent off my application for French and Japanese and German and Japanese at Sheffield. Super nervous as I know my application's quite late comparatively.
Did anyone else feel their ioe one on one interview was quite short?

How long was yours mine was about 20 mins and seemed really good but who knows , wonder when we will hear .
How long was yours mine was about 20 mins and seemed really good but who knows , wonder when we will hear .

It was the same! I don't think the length of the interview matters much actually because now that I think about it, my interview at Cumbria was around 15 mins and I got an offer.

Apparently they make a decision there and then 😱 We'll know within a week hopefully, good luck!
Original post by nasrin9494
Congratulations... Do you think the real one is as same as the practice ones on dfe site?
I've got mine in 2 weeks time. so scared :'(

It was similar yes. The punctuation section was hard and the comprehension was a monster 8 paragraph text with 7 marks for the NE, IC, I, S style questions.
Original post by ACB94
Something I would talk about is crime and the sociological side.. So white collar and blue collar crime and different factors in society that may affect what types of crime.

Or how the media can affect children and maybe look into Disney princess films? And how they portray women and men.. I did it for my undergrad disso and it was really interesting

Hope these help

Thank you!
I was going to do something basic like sociology and the family. How the term family has changed over the past few years and even how families are now portrayed in the media.

But i do like the idea of the disney princess!

May reconsider!
Original post by ashyr87
Hey everyone, just hijacking this thread...wondering if anyone has applied to QUB for their pgce? if someone has already said this before, sorry! My internet is useless and can't go through all past pages...be here all night!

I have applied for QUB for pgce! What subject did you apply for and have you received your interview date?
It was the same! I don't think the length of the interview matters much actually because now that I think about it, my interview at Cumbria was around 15 mins and I got an offer.

Apparently they make a decision there and then 😱 We'll know within a week hopefully, good luck!

Thank you , you too. Who did you have your interview with ?
Original post by TunaTunnel
It was similar yes. The punctuation section was hard and the comprehension was a monster 8 paragraph text with 7 marks for the NE, IC, I, S style questions.

Oh no. Comprehension section is my weakness. Do u recommend any sources u used for revision?
Thanks
Original post by nasrin9494
Oh no. Comprehension section is my weakness. Do u recommend any sources u used for revision?
Thanks

Going to be honest, I made most of the answers up.
Original post by niamhy777
I have applied for QUB for pgce! What subject did you apply for and have you received your interview date?

I had applied for English and havent heard anything as of yet.. not holding much hope at this stage sadly!!
Thank you , you too. Who did you have your interview with ?

I had it with a man, I forgot his name - Jeremy I think? I was in group E if that helps, what about you?
I had it with a man, I forgot his name - Jeremy I think? I was in group E if that helps, what about you?

A lady who was a teacher at one of their placement schools ! Should hear something next week !
A lady who was a teacher at one of their placement schools ! Should hear something next week !

Ah ok, good luck!
Original post by Katie.uni
Hi, probably a dumb question, but does anyone know how to get the student declaration of health forms? it's in the conditions of my offer to complete this and send to the university. They did not post me out a health form, and I asked my GP today about it and he had no idea where to get them. He suggest asking the university. Does anybody know how to go about getting it? Thanks

which uni is this for? with roehampton they include the pdf for the declaration of health forms in the email

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending