The Student Room Group

PGCE Applications 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TunaTunnel
Hey guys, its about time we got a thread going for prospective PGCE applicants applying for 2016 entry.

Has anyone else started gaining experience or written their personal statement?
What subject are you looking to study?
Where are you applying?

I have applied for Primary PGCE 3-7 early years.

I have applied to uwe, bath spa and Gloucestershire!
Hi everyone, how did you all find out you've been offered a place? By UCAS first or by email from the school?
Original post by daisyhuang1230
Hi everyone, how did you all find out you've been offered a place? By UCAS first or by email from the school?

By the Uni
Original post by blobby1759
I have applied for Primary PGCE 3-7 early years.

I have applied to uwe, bath spa and Gloucestershire!

Not for primary school but I have been offered and accepted a place at UWE
Original post by HeyGeorgie
Hey, did you mean MMU? I got a text this morning saying I was successful but haven't had any updates from UCAS/ Track yet.

Yah mmu lol autocorrect!
Congratulations!!! I'm still waiting! Bet that means I haven't got in :frown: the wait is making me crazy
I got an oxford interview.
Hurray, I've got a place with devon. Primary Scitt. I'm so chuffed

Nice one... Congrats

Original post by sallyj321
Hurray, I've got a place with devon. Primary Scitt. I'm so chuffed

Awesome news!!
Great job everyone on getting offers and interview invitations! I'm still waiting for my interview result, it has been 11 days already. :frown:
Original post by zoelaylee
Hello... I'm thinking of applying for PGCE English in October looking at London and the South East. I'm 21... 22 by the time I finish the PGCE (still feel I'm a bit young lol) If I'm not successful I'll likely get experience as a teaching assistant or perhaps take a masters to improve my subject knowledge...

There are lots of students on PGCE courses, especially in the South East who are your age!
Original post by St Mary's University, Twickenham
There are lots of students on PGCE courses, especially in the South East who are your age!

Never seen a University rep on here... What a great idea :smile:

Congrats and good luck! Have they given you long to prepare?

I'm still waiting to hear from Cambridge (and KCL). Radio silence so far! :/
Original post by Aemiliana
Congrats and good luck! Have they given you long to prepare?

I'm still waiting to hear from Cambridge (and KCL). Radio silence so far! :/

Over 2 weeks but theres no presentation or tests to do.
I have sent my application a week ago. Nothing since then!! :frown:
Hi everyone, I got offers from all three unis I applied to for Primary PGCE!

I've accepted an offer at Durham, and I'm on track to get a 2:1 in my degree, but I'm worried about the Numeracy Skills Test. (I've passed Literacy already)

Anyone passed it and got any tips?
I got an email saying UCAS track had updated, so I logged in and looked. My one choice, which changed the application status to interview a few days after receiving my application, have now changed it to a Conditional Offer even though my interview isn't for a couple of days yet? Why would they have done that?!?
I was unsuccessful for one, i declined an interview for another and these have offered me a conditional place, meaning I can now accept it before I even interview?!
UCAS TT is still down ins't it? I remember seeing something about it being down from 20th- 23rd November and I can't login today..
Original post by carolineherts
UCAS TT is still down ins't it? I remember seeing something about it being down from 20th- 23rd November and I can't login today..

Track isn't down?
Original post by awkwardusername
Hi everyone, I got offers from all three unis I applied to for Primary PGCE!

I've accepted an offer at Durham, and I'm on track to get a 2:1 in my degree, but I'm worried about the Numeracy Skills Test. (I've passed Literacy already)

Anyone passed it and got any tips?

I've been doing the practice QTS tests on the DofE website- I'm passing the literacy with no problem but the maths is stumping me.. I haven't really done any 'proper' maths since GCSE though which was 5 years ago whereas my degree is in English so have been practicing my spelling grammar and punctuation almost non-stop!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending