The Student Room Group

PGCE Applications 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by daisyhuang1230
It has been 2 weeks since my interview and I haven't heard anything yet. I know how frustrating it is to wait with no idea when the result will come out.

At one of my interviews I was told that if you don't hear back within a week, then phone them up to find out what's happened to your result... don't be scared of the admissions team! :smile:
Anyone have a Leeds Beckett interview @ 9th December
Or Leeds Trinity interview @ 13th January??
UCAS question - I'm entering my personal statement and it says I'm three lines over (previously said seven so I'm getting there), but in taking out the paragraph spaces, it all looks like a big chunk of text. Is there any way I can distinguish my paragraphs from each other without taking up a line??
Original post by Bena0202
Just got a conditional offer for The University of Cumbria for general primary!!!!!!!!!!! After all that worrying and stress!!

Congratulations! What campus? I firmed general primary at Cumbria Lancaster campus :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Aemiliana
I passed my skills tests! I'm so happy and really hoping that this looks favourable in my interviews.

Fantastic! Have you tried to change the status of your skills tests on Track? I'm just wondering if it's possible - it's in the 'Main Menu' - but I'm not sure if you can just change the date or if you can add 'Pass' too.
Original post by TunaTunnel
omg omg omg Cambridge offered me an interview :banana:

Its 1 week away and I'm pretty sure I cant make it, I want to see if I can delay.

Fantastic! I suppose you shouldn't have a problem delaying a physics interview ...
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by blueberry muffin
UCAS question - I'm entering my personal statement and it says I'm three lines over (previously said seven so I'm getting there), but in taking out the paragraph spaces, it all looks like a big chunk of text. Is there any way I can distinguish my paragraphs from each other without taking up a line??

I sent mine off without paragraphs because I didn't have room - got three interview offers and accepted at both I attended, so I don't think it's worth fretting over!!
Didn't get into KCL :frown: Not too sad though, I think I'm going to follow Sussex up on their offer, I really liked it there.
Anyone got offers from UCL, goldsmiths & roehampton for 2016 primary PGCE? :smile:
Original post by lexy.joy
Anyone got offers from UCL, goldsmiths & roehampton for 2016 primary PGCE? :smile:

I've got a conditional offer from Roehampton :smile: which I think I'm going to firm
Original post by blueberry muffin

It probably doesn't matter to them too much, but the lines correspond to (if I remember right) 80 characters per line, so it might be worth having a quick look as to whether there are any lines which are only just over a line - I found it such a pain though, but you do get there in the end!
I've got goldsmiths UCL and roehampton & not really sure which one! Roehampton was so so lush :smile:
Original post by lexy.joy
I've got goldsmiths UCL and roehampton & not really sure which one! Roehampton was so so lush :smile:

Worth thinking about it in terms of where you live - I'm guessing south London - and where placements will likely be?
I'm going to UCL but I have friends who have accepted offers at G and Roe and loved them :smile:
Go with your gut!
So flew back to London for my school direct interview yesterday. Was a long day, was at the school all day but actually enjoyed the experience. Essays marking and a mini lesson followed by a very vshprt interview. The school told me there and then they wanted me!

But they also told us we would also be doing an interview at the partner university so not all done and dusted. More flying back and forth! This was my first choice school so really chuffed!I have another interview today so let's see how this one goes!
Original post by Abbieh1991
I've applied for Southampton and Chichester :smile: Got interview from Chichester on Wednesday. Have you heard anything from either yet? :smile:

No I haven't yet! How long did they take to reply? I'm hoping I get a reply by today as I don't want to wait anymore lol 😭 It's agonising!
Reading that primary is filling up and limited spaces left scares me because my interviews aren't until Tuesday and Wednesday and I haven't heard from my school direct choice yet. If I was lucky enough to get offered a place at one of my uni choices could if be withdrawn before I accept it?
Original post by BelleCL
Reading that primary is filling up and limited spaces left scares me because my interviews aren't until Tuesday and Wednesday and I haven't heard from my school direct choice yet. If I was lucky enough to get offered a place at one of my uni choices could if be withdrawn before I accept it?

It's very, very unlikely you'd be offered a place then have it taken away from you.
I thought I'd read that some people are being offered places for PE (well had been) and because they hadn't accepted them and then the unis were told PE is full they had them taken off of them. I must have misread. It's easy to start worrying though isn't it? I probably won't even get an offer!
I don't understand this new system tbh it seems like they just have to rush rather than see everyone they like and choose the best candidates, some can't even apply yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending