tcalcluth
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So I'm now in the stages of picking my A-Level courses and am finding it difficult to decide, i know i want to do psychology for definite, but there are a few other courses in debate, secondly i would probably want to do sociology or philosophy, thirdly maths statistics, and for my fourth a science, either chemistry or biology. 1/ psych soc math(s) bio 2/ psych soc math(s) chem3/ psych phil math(s) bio4/ psych phil math(s) chemprobably favoring the no.1 lineup but I'm a little bit concerned that it may be a bit content heavy and that may result in lower grades, would just like some input form people who know what they're talking about and who have recently done the courses, thanks.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by tcalcluth)
So I'm now in the stages of picking my A-Level courses and am finding it difficult to decide, i know i want to do psychology for definite, but there are a few other courses in debate, secondly i would probably want to do sociology or philosophy, thirdly maths statistics, and for my fourth a science, either chemistry or biology.

1/ psych soc math(s) bio
2/ psych soc math(s) chem
3/ psych phil math(s) bio
4/ psych phil math(s) chem probably favoring the no.1 lineup but I'm a little bit concerned that it may be a bit content heavy and that may result in lower grades, would just like some input form people who know what they're talking about and who have recently done the courses, thanks.
Your first option although biology is content heavy sounds like a good mixture of subjects and seem like great choices for psychology If you work hard I dont see why you couldnt do it.
tcalcluth
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
Your first option although biology is content heavy sounds like a good mixture of subjects and seem like great choices for psychology If you work hard I dont see why you couldnt do it.
ok cool thanks
Amber May
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Biology is very content heavy in my experience just lots of learning fact however chemistry is quite mathematical at times and fact learning at others, it depends what kind of learning you prefer, i toke bio, chem, math, and phy for AS and in terms of time spent on them revising/work i would but them in that order, hope that helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (28)
24.14%
Unhappy (34)
29.31%
Conflicted (54)
46.55%

Watched Threads