The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medical School Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tinababy
Same I walked out of all three of them really quite happy and satisfied but now i'm thinking that perhaps I didn't do or say what they were looking for or idk maybe I did something wrong.

hahah me too i've got ucas, dundee's evision, tsr on glasgow and dundee up and im refreshing constantly...bet the moment i stop looking something will come :P

Im emailing dundee and if I get anything I will post it on the dundee thread :/
do you wanna try emailing glasgow??
You're still lucky to have offers for such a great course...

But idk maybe ask to defer and take a gap year?

I know that, I'm incredibly grateful to have received offers. I'm not sure how the gap year works, shouldn't I have applied for it already?
Original post by Junioh
Im emailing dundee and if I get anything I will post it on the dundee thread :/
do you wanna try emailing glasgow??

I tried calling glasgow twice but nothing...I can email them np ...what do you want me to ask about exactly?
I tried calling glasgow twice but nothing...I can email them np ...what do you want me to ask about exactly?

just wondering if they are giving out any more offers to home students?

Could you also ask them about the date to release the RUK's offers please?
Original post by Junioh

Pretty much 100% certain that they have offers still to give out :smile: Just try and find a way to relax until 6pm ish!
Original post by Junioh

Original post by Timewilltellu
Could you also ask them about the date to release the RUK's offers please?

Just called again and this is what she said

OFFERS ARE GIVEN OUT IN A RANDOM ORDER TO ALL APPLICANTS NO MATTER IF YOU HOME/INTERNATIONAL/RUK/EU

they are still sending them out and they said offers will be trickling out till the end of march.

she also said post-interview rejections are not out yet and will be given out after all the offers.
Original post by Marcus4004
Pretty much 100% certain that they have offers still to give out :smile: Just try and find a way to relax until 6pm ish!

are you sure marcus? thank you so much tho :frown: the wait is a torture :cry:my confidence is deteriorating day by day...

OFFERS ARE GIVEN OUT IN A RANDOM ORDER TO ALL APPLICANTS NO MATTER IF YOU HOME/INTERNATIONAL/RUK/EU

they are still sending them out and they said offers will be trickling out till the end of march.

she also said post-interview rejections are not out yet and will be given out after all the offers.

oh dear....
end of march????
not in a particular order????
*sigh*
I guess we just need to wait then...
Original post by Junioh
oh dear....
end of march????
not in a particular order????
*sigh*
I guess we just need to wait then...

Yeahhhh...

Seriously dying here Junioh...and what if all we're waiting for are rejections...
Yeahhhh...

Seriously dying here Junioh...and what if all we're waiting for are rejections...

Thats exactly what Im thinking....
the longer we have to wait for, the more likely its a rejection(?)
Original post by Junioh

I think that might be the case as times goes on...i will have my fingers crossed for us in the hope of offers tonight though :smile: It usually happens round five to seven in a large number of cases that I know of.
I think that might be the case as times goes on...i will have my fingers crossed for us in the hope of offers tonight though :smile: It usually happens round five to seven in a large number of cases that I know of.

hopefully!
don't know whether I can wait for another week..
good luck to u too!

Thank you for sharing their reply. But I just could not see any RUK's offer come out in last few days. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.
Original post by Junioh
hopefully!
don't know whether I can wait for another week..
good luck to u too!

Thanks. Neither can I tbh.

Btw I emailed dundee ealier in the day today and I haven't heard anything back but from what I remember from emailing them a couple of months ago is that they take ages to reply to emails so it's better to call but I haven't been able to find a number for dundee medicine admissions so far.

Original post by Timewilltellu
Thank you for sharing their reply. But I just could not see any RUK's offer come out in last few days. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

Yeah I've been keeping up with the threads and I haven't seen any but she said all of it's random so idk anymore.
Thanks. Neither can I tbh.

Btw I emailed dundee ealier in the day today and I haven't heard anything back but from what I remember from emailing them a couple of months ago is that they take ages to reply to emails so it's better to call but I haven't been able to find a number for dundee medicine admissions so far.

Yeah I've been keeping up with the threads and I haven't seen any but she said all of it's random so idk anymore.

I will have a look to see if I can find the phone number, if yes I will give them a call
Original post by Junioh
I will have a look to see if I can find the phone number, if yes I will give them a call

ok tell us how it goes :biggrin:
Original post by Junioh

Being rejected is not the end of the world at all. 4 years ago I never thought about a career in medicine (in fact I was petrified of my blood being taken). Looking back, I do not think I was mature enough to embark on such a course. It is amazing how much you mature upon leaving school. In all honesty, I think taking a GAP year is a great opportunity to have a lot of fun/learn a lot about yourself - great before you start devoting your life to medicine. I am not insinuating you are going to be rejected in the slightest - more that it really is not the end of the world.

When I look back on all the times I have been rejected in life, each one has changed me for the better :smile: :smile:

The most important thing now is for you to ace your Adv Highers (or whatever they are called these days) :smile:

Best of luck though!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Reply 1458

I wouldn't take the random order as complete truth because there's no way they'd admit they're in an order to you- they know how much chaos would descend on their phones/emails if they admitted that.

But everything else I would take as true!
Original post by LHC
I wouldn't take the random order as complete truth because there's no way they'd admit they're in an order to you- they know how much chaos would descend on their phones/emails if they admitted that.

But everything else I would take as true!

Well that's what I was kinda thinking but she seemed pretty sincere and honest and she said that they are definitely not alphabetical and then I asked about eu and ruk and she said that there is no method to it they are just going through all the applications one by one and tbh that's probably true since there's probably a few people doing the applications at the same time but are in charge of different sections.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending