The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medical School Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pennyarcade
I'm a first year at glasgow rn, quote if you have any questions about the place :tongue:

What has been your least favourite thing about medicine at Glasgow?

What would you say is the general vibe of the city?
Original post by Pennyarcade
I'm a first year at glasgow rn, quote if you have any questions about the place :tongue:

Well done and congratulations, i hope you are loving your time there :smile:!

I know you aren't an admission team person but ofcourse just wanted to know isit fine if you retake an AS module while doing A2s ofcourse within the 2 year period, i.e. did you do that?

Thanks!
Original post by asdfghjkl10
could you tell us the pros and cons of glasgow med school from your view? Thank you!

Pro: they actually listen to feedback
The lecturers are decent
The med school building is stunning
The 24/7 medical library is literally the best thing ever

Cons: not seen any obvious ones so far.

Original post by Fibsy
How are the sports facilities/gym? Is membership a reasonable price and is it within walking distance? :smile:
I can't visit because I'm in the south west of England :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's free if you're in halls.

Their brand new mega gym is opening in 5 days, so I'm sure that'll more than cater for your requirements :tongue:

Original post by ScaredBanana
What has been your least favourite thing about medicine at Glasgow?

What would you say is the general vibe of the city?

Idk. The city is the reason why its such a great med school - the student life is fantastic!

Original post by FireFreak
Well done and congratulations, i hope you are loving your time there :smile:!

I know you aren't an admission team person but ofcourse just wanted to know isit fine if you retake an AS module while doing A2s ofcourse within the 2 year period, i.e. did you do that?

Thanks!

Nae idea, I'm scottish

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fibsy
How are the sports facilities/gym? Is membership a reasonable price and is it within walking distance? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're not staying in halls, annual gym membership has been increased to £100 this year, which is good by public gym standards, but a bit expensive for a uni gym.
My friend has been gushing about how many squat racks there are now etc, so maybe it'll be worth it? I haven't been myself since the extension opened.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 144
So how was the Glasgow interview? Any tips for us applicants?
Reply 145
Original post by Fibsy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gym is free if you live in uni halls, otherwise it's £100 a year. The gym is massive, spread over 5 floors, there's a pool, several sports halls and and extension just opened on Wednesday :smile:
Anyone had anything back?
Original post by yung7up
Anyone had anything back?

Interviews went out around the 20th of November last year so think we've got a bit of a wait still!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emem2011
Interviews went out around the 20th of November last year so think we've got a bit of a wait still!
Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok thanks. Leicester has begun to give them out today:eek:
Original post by yung7up
Oh ok thanks. Leicester has begun to give them out today:eek:

I am so nervous! I sat the BMAT yesterday and I have completely ruined any chances I had of getting into Oxford so I'm relying on my other three choices!

My problem is I don't think my UKCAT is good enough :/ I got 652.5 Band 1. My other stats are hopefully better (14A*s at GCSE, predicted A*A*A*, I think I've got lots of work experience and voluntary work) but I don't know whether they will help me or not! I just love Glasgow Medical School so much haha
All of the other scottish unis (except edinburgh ofc) seem to have started sending out interviews....hopefully, glasgow will start sooon!
All of the other scottish unis (except edinburgh ofc) seem to have started sending out interviews....hopefully, glasgow will start sooon!

Yeah I got one from Aberdeen yesterday

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have Dundee sent out interviews?!?!?!?
Reply 153
Original post by madmed16
Have Dundee sent out interviews?!?!?!?

Not yet :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
does anyone have any clue about when glasgow might start releasing interviews?? Good luck everyone! and are all interviews done in december?
does anyone have any clue about when glasgow might start releasing interviews?? Good luck everyone! and are all interviews done in december?

Hopefully someone will ring and ask like someone did for HYMS.

Spoiler

Does anyone have any idea when Glasgow is going to start sending out interviews? If I'm not wrong interviews for Glasgow are between 14-18 December this year?
I think Glasgow tends to start sending out interview offers in late November (it was around the 20th when I heard, but that was about three years ago!).

So try not to work yourselves up about it, there's still plenty of time to hear from them!
I am not sure if I'm the only one, but I feel like Glasgow is the most "quiet" uni in its admissions process. I mean the other unis sort of keep you a bit more posted with emails of "what's next?" or annoying you with paper work for fee status like Edinburgh...but from Glasgow I've literally heard nothing from them since the confirmation email.
Reply 159
Original post by mushroomsoup
I am not sure if I'm the only one, but I feel like Glasgow is the most "quiet" uni in its admissions process. I mean the other unis sort of keep you a bit more posted with emails of "what's next?" or annoying you with paper work for fee status like Edinburgh...but from Glasgow I've literally heard nothing from them since the confirmation email.

haha nah theres a few other too. Hull York have been very quiet too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending