Turn on thread page Beta

Ive done an online search and ive presented with everything from diabetes and hypothyroidism to a heart attack. Really (hopefully) this could be as simple as high bp or nutrient deficiency buy im hoping someone can shed some light. There are a mixture of symptoms, some ive had longer than others:
    •feeling faint (ive always felt dizzy and lost my vision when i stood up and that still happens but for about a week now ive been feeling i could pass out at any moment)
    •headache (a tension headache across my forehead, im probably stressing)
    •weird jumpy head sensation (the best way to describe this feeling is its like ive been hit in the head with a bat and my brain lurches forward. Theres no pain its just very disorienting)
    •weight gain. (Says it all, and as hard as i try, i cant lose weight)
    •tired (all. The. Time. Its the hokidays so im well rested, im trying to go out and get fresh air regularly but im exhausted and have zero energy to do things i want to do)
    •breathlessness (i often feel like im not getting enough air and i cant even get up the stairs without laboured breathing, i went jogging the other day and i cant run for more than a minute without wanting to fall on the ground feeling like my chest is going to explode)
    • non palpitations (i get the sensation that my hearts beating fast and hard but whrn i check my pulse, its perfectly normal)
    •disconnected numbness (this happens in my fingers and lips where im not numb but those parts of me feel disconnected and foreign)
    •things dont make sense properly. (This one scares me. Its like i have trouble processing things. When i read, i see but it doesnt go in. My mathmatical ability is poor. When people talk to me, i can hear what theyre saying but it takes a few seconds for tge sounds to become words i can understand).

Im otherwise a relatively healthy 18 yr old female, ex competitive athlete and ive been previously diagnosed with migraine. Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    go to a doctor and show them all this

ReputationRep:
    Maybe go to your doctor? They are more likely to give you a proper diagnosis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ive done an online search and ive presented with everything from diabetes and hypothyroidism to a heart attack. Really (hopefully) this could be as simple as high bp or nutrient deficiency buy im hoping someone can shed some light. There are a mixture of symptoms, some ive had longer than others:
    •feeling faint (ive always felt dizzy and lost my vision when i stood up and that still happens but for about a week now ive been feeling i could pass out at any moment)
    •headache (a tension headache across my forehead, im probably stressing)
    •weird jumpy head sensation (the best way to describe this feeling is its like ive been hit in the head with a bat and my brain lurches forward. Theres no pain its just very disorienting)
    •weight gain. (Says it all, and as hard as i try, i cant lose weight)
    •tired (all. The. Time. Its the hokidays so im well rested, im trying to go out and get fresh air regularly but im exhausted and have zero energy to do things i want to do)
    •breathlessness (i often feel like im not getting enough air and i cant even get up the stairs without laboured breathing, i went jogging the other day and i cant run for more than a minute without wanting to fall on the ground feeling like my chest is going to explode)
    • non palpitations (i get the sensation that my hearts beating fast and hard but whrn i check my pulse, its perfectly normal)
    •disconnected numbness (this happens in my fingers and lips where im not numb but those parts of me feel disconnected and foreign)
    •things dont make sense properly. (This one scares me. Its like i have trouble processing things. When i read, i see but it doesnt go in. My mathmatical ability is poor. When people talk to me, i can hear what theyre saying but it takes a few seconds for tge sounds to become words i can understand).

Im otherwise a relatively healthy 18 yr old female, ex competitive athlete and ive been previously diagnosed with migraine. Any ideas?
    To be honest I have pretty similar symptoms since recently and I've come to the conclusion that it's some kind of virus that affects neurotransmitters and hence presents as so many different conditions and symptoms.

Have you seen your doctor about it at all?
    My doctor prescribed an antidepressant which I'm too scared to take so rubbish patient right here.

ReputationRep:
    Are you feeling anxious?

ReputationRep:
    I've had many of these symptoms.
    The first is called orthostatic hypotension and is relatively common in women to varying degrees (I occasionally pass out).
    Tension headaches commonly stem from dehydration but are often lacking a cause so you might have to live with them. I find chewing minty gum helps a little.
    No idea about the head thing. I suggest you go to your doctor with that one.
    Tired: I've been diagnosed with Chronic fatigue syndrome which basically means I'm tired and they don't really know why. However, they have told me that I should grow through it in a few months. It gets a little better (or you get used to it and manage to work around it)
    Breathlessness is also related to something (I've completely forgotten XD)
    Non palpitations, I have these as well. I have no idea why and have been told that it's natural and is due to sensitivity in some (long complex words follow).
    Disconnected numbness: that could be bodily dissociation. It's a symptom of depression but it's the only thing I can connect it to.
    Things no making sense: I think that's natural; it's happened to me many times. But I attribute it to tiredness.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2015
Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.