Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I wrote for Q4(a)(ii) CHEM2 June 2015:

A high operating pressure means that there are more gas particles in a given volume. This means that particles will be more closer together and collide more often. Also, there will be a lot more particles with energy greater than or equal to the activation energy. This means that there will be more frequent successful collisions in a given time so faster rate of reaction.A higher pressure also means that particles will be colliding with each other more and more particles will be moving in a random manner so a faster rate of reaction. As more particles are moving about randomly and there are more particles in a given volume, this will increase the number of frequent successful collisions so a faster rate of reaction.

The mark scheme says:

M1The reaction gets to equilibrium faster / in less time
    OR
    Produces a small yield faster / in less time
    OR
    Increases the rate (of reaction / of attainment of equilibrium)

M2 High pressure leads to one of the following
    • more particles / molecules in a given volume
    • particles / they are closer together
    • higher concentration of particles /molecules
    AND• more collisions in a given time / increased collision frequency

Is it worth remarking for this mark? I felt I got M1 for a faster rate of reaction and M2 I obviously got. I have bolded what I feel is creditworthy.

Thanks in advance. Ik it's 1 mark but it is 2 UMS. I am also thinking of remarking CHEM1 having got my script back as well.

ReputationRep:
    i supose it is worth a try because it it is in the mark sceme, i think they did want something about equilibrium though. but on remarks they are a bit nicer and you might get one somewhere else aswell if not dont worry one is quite easy to make up somewhere else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amber May)
    i supose it is worth a try because it it is in the mark sceme, i think they did want something about equilibrium though. but on remarks they are a bit nicer and you might get one somewhere else aswell if not dont worry one is quite easy to make up somewhere else
    Thanks for your advice

I got 98/100 so I'm not sure if it's worth remarking... the other mark I lost was completely wrong so no chance of that going up. The remark won't change my grades but just the average UMS and personal satisfaction! I don't think I can go down elsewhere but I will wait for advice from my teacher.

I got 68/70 in chem1 and want to remark that as well as I am 100% sure I should have got a mark but another question could go down 1 so I'm not too sure...

ReputationRep:
    Was it 1:1 raw : UMS?

You should be doing OCR, 58/60 raw got 90/90 UMS (maybe even 57/60 for 90 UMS, 56 got 87 UMS) on paper 1
    Paper 2 needed 96/100 raw to get 150/150 UMS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PS4)
    Thanks for your advice

I got 98/100 so I'm not sure if it's worth remarking... the other mark I lost was completely wrong so no chance of that going up. The remark won't change my grades but just the average UMS and personal satisfaction! I don't think I can go down elsewhere but I will wait for advice from my teacher.

I got 68/70 in chem1 and want to remark that as well as I am 100% sure I should have got a mark but another question could go down 1 so I'm not too sure...
    ok then yeah mabey not worth it if your school are gonna charge you for it! I dont think they can take marks off you though, i think with remarks you can only go up or stay the same

Those are good marks, what are your other subjects/ what do you want to at Uni (if at all) ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pigster)
    Was it 1:1 raw : UMS?

You should be doing OCR, 58/60 raw got 90/90 UMS (maybe even 57/60 for 90 UMS, 56 got 87 UMS) on paper 1
    Paper 2 needed 96/100 raw to get 150/150 UMS.
    No it was around 1 mark is 1.5 ums. I have heard that ocr chemistry is easier but my school did aqa

What do you think of me remarking it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amber May)
    ok then yeah mabey not worth it if your school are gonna charge you for it! I dont think they can take marks off you though, i think with remarks you can only go up or stay the same

Those are good marks, what are your other subjects/ what do you want to at Uni (if at all) ?
    Thank you

My other subjects are a2 maths (already completed), a2 chemistry a2 economics and a2 further maths.

I intend to do economics at either lse ucl warwick Cambridge or Durham!

What about yourself?

Thanks for the advice!

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PS4)
    I wrote for Q4(a)(ii) CHEM2 June 2015:

A high operating pressure means that there are more gas particles in a given volume. This means that particles will be more closer together and collide more often. Also, there will be a lot more particles with energy greater than or equal to the activation energy. This means that there will be more frequent successful collisions in a given time so faster rate of reaction.A higher pressure also means that particles will be colliding with each other more and more particles will be moving in a random manner so a faster rate of reaction. As more particles are moving about randomly and there are more particles in a given volume, this will increase the number of frequent successful collisions so a faster rate of reaction.

The mark scheme says:

M1The reaction gets to equilibrium faster / in less time
    OR
    Produces a small yield faster / in less time
    OR
    Increases the rate (of reaction / of attainment of equilibrium)

M2 High pressure leads to one of the following
    • more particles / molecules in a given volume
    • particles / they are closer together
    • higher concentration of particles /molecules
    AND• more collisions in a given time / increased collision frequency

Is it worth remarking for this mark? I felt I got M1 for a faster rate of reaction and M2 I obviously got. I have bolded what I feel is creditworthy.

Thanks in advance. Ik it's 1 mark but it is 2 UMS. I am also thinking of remarking CHEM1 having got my script back as well.

Hi,Do you know where I can get the official or unofficial markscheme for AS Level Chemistry Unit 2 AQA? I've tried and tried but I can't find it - Just want to see if it's worth sending my paper off for a remark or not. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cb103)
    Hi,Do you know where I can get the official or unofficial markscheme for AS Level Chemistry Unit 2 AQA? I've tried and tried but I can't find it - Just want to see if it's worth sending my paper off for a remark or not. Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...XBaWmdDU3FYS1k

ReputationRep:
    Is mine worth remarking?

ReputationRep:
    I'm only 2 raw marks far behind the A, do you think there is any chance for increase if I get it remarked?
    I'm doing AS

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 19, 2017

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.