Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying... Law GDL

I'm interested in... I have offers from London met, University of Westminster, University of Law and Southbank to study my part time GDL/CPE and really need some advice about where to go. I am leaning towards Met as I like the sound of the course and it is much closer to where I live, which is important considering I will be working whilst I study so need somewhere I can get to and from easily. However, I would really like people's thoughts on this

My study level is... Other
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by ani544)
    I'm studying... Law GDL

I'm interested in... I have offers from London met, University of Westminster, University of Law and Southbank to study my part time GDL/CPE and really need some advice about where to go. I am leaning towards Met as I like the sound of the course and it is much closer to where I live, which is important considering I will be working whilst I study so need somewhere I can get to and from easily. However, I would really like people's thoughts on this

My study level is... Other
    Hello Ani544, I hope you're well.

Great to hear you're considering studying with us and congratulations on your crop of offers: it seems like you're in a good position where you've got plenty of choices!

The other day I replied to another post about our law courses and I thought that you might appreciate having a look at it, too. Consequently, I have cut and paste it below:

Hello, just seen your post and thought I'd share my thoughts with you, to see if I can help at all.

My name's Simon and I'm currently studying an MA at London Met, I also do a bit of part time work for the uni in their marketing department (hence the official-looking avatar and formal username). The course I'm studying includes aspects of housing law, although it isn't an LLB and isn't part of the same faculty you would be at, if you did decide to join us at London Met.

I'm in a position, having studied my undergrad degree at the University of Birmingham, of being able to compare London Met to another institution and it, although a very different experience, compares more than favourably: I have relished the opportunity to anchor my learning in a city as vibrant and diverse as London and the breadth of life-experience within the student body and in the lecture theatre has made for some very engaging and mind-expanding seminar discussions. I have found, without exception, the lecturers to have a great blend of professional knowledge and a friendly, approachable style. They seem to sit comfortably in a space somewhere between "a sage on the stage" and a "guiding mentor".

I am also in a fortunate position to have met some of London Met's law graduates, one of which I have spoken to at some length as part of our #LondonMetHero initiative.

You can learn a bit more about his achievements post-uni not only from our website but also from the Twitter thread of the law firm he has set up.

Of course he isn't the only successful alumni that London Met can boast of. Below, I have taken the liberty of posting links to some of news stories relating to our law graduates:

Internship with the law firm Weightmans LLP
    Success in mooting competitions

Student shortlisted for legal aid lawyer of the year
    Graduate shortlisted for National Diversity Award
    Great links with the legal profession

Finally, I feel it would probably be beneficial for you to hear about the course from someone who has actually studied it. Consequently, please find below an interview with a former student filmed at their graduation back in July:

I hope this is helpful, good luck with whatever you decide.

Kind regards,
    Simon

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2015
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.