Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone did GCSE science today? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey, anyone did gcse science today and how did u find it? (edexcel modular)

ReputationRep:
    yes i did edexcel...It didnt go too well, all the wrong questions came up

ReputationRep:
    i did edexcel i thort it went ok
    considering i got all u's and only did revision last night
    i think i did pretty damn good.woo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damaster275)
    Hey, anyone did gcse science today and how did u find it? (edexcel modular)
    I did AQA Double Award, and it went really well.

ReputationRep:
    i thought the exam was ok btw does anyone know the estimated grade boundaries for higher tier science?

ReputationRep:
    I did OCR Biology and I know I've already lost a few marks

We had a question about strawberry plants though! That made me laugh

ReputationRep:
    i also did ocr higher biology and i found it difficult. ive lost more than a "few marks".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soapsuds)
    I did OCR Biology and I know I've already lost a few marks
    I've been going through all my revision material and am starting to realise I've lost quite a few points , but overall I did okay, I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damaster275)
    i thought the exam was ok btw does anyone know the estimated grade boundaries for higher tier science?
    Obviously, coursework, specification, exam difficulty.... dependant.

But I think it is about 80% for A* normally. And 70% for A, 60% B, 50% C. (on Higher).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    I've been going through all my revision material and am starting to realise I've lost quite a few points , but overall I did okay, I think.
    My physics teacher was standing over me for about 10 minutes he really put me off, reading all the lovely rubbish I was writing :rolleyes:

I think I did okay but not brilliant...

ReputationRep:
    I did ocr biology and i didn't find it bad at all. Most people finsihed before the time and were lying down or flapping thier papers!!! The heat was the worset part, one girl fainted in the middle!!!

I just hope it cooks down and the rest of the papers are like that. I'm dreading the extension ones!!!

ReputationRep:
    I did AQA Biology. Nothing too hard really. I stupidly got a question on blood transfusions wrong... I thought O blood could accept any other kind, but actually that's AB and O can only accept O. Ah well, only one mark lost so far...

ReputationRep:
    AQA double award (co-ordinated) and it went fine. The A* mark is usually about 75% (for that specification).

ReputationRep:
    I did the exexcel modular...i was annoyed at how easy it was. i was annoyed because i had revised for ages and ages and ages and agesthinking paper 1 was going to be solid. however everyone in my school was saying how easy it was and now it looks like paper 2 will the be the hard one afterall....back to revision it looks like

ReputationRep:
    woops i think it was aqa sorry...it was the 1 with the pigs and the ultrasound and the lung cancer graph

ReputationRep:
    i did AQA biology. what was the answer to the kidney question about the glucose concentrations ( why it was zero at R)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanderer)
    AQA double award (co-ordinated) and it went fine. The A* mark is usually about 75% (for that specification).
    Was yours the one with Sulphur Dioxide Pollution, Red Blood Cells Magnification, A Nephron, and a bit about Insulin at the end?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undry1)
    i did AQA biology. what was the answer to the kidney question about the glucose concentrations ( why it was zero at R)?
    As it is all reabsorbed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cloudey)
    woops i think it was aqa sorry...it was the 1 with the pigs and the ultrasound and the lung cancer graph
    I did that one! The Lung cancer **** was easy, but the pig question... I was confused. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samdavyson)
    As it is all reabsorbed!
    erm, 5 marks tho

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.