Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically the only form of ID i have at the moment is a citizencard, i have no issue getting into places with this in my hometown/nights out elsewhere. But as i start at lincoln on the 12th i'm unsure if i'll get rejected from student bars/clubs in freshers. I'll need the ID this thursday so won't be able to send for a provisional till the friday leaving it 10 working days to be recieved in time for freshers. Is that enough time or should i order my provisional in a quieter point in the year and not risk it for freshers?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Jbritusa)
    Basically the only form of ID i have at the moment is a citizencard, i have no issue getting into places with this in my hometown/nights out elsewhere. But as i start at lincoln on the 12th i'm unsure if i'll get rejected from student bars/clubs in freshers. I'll need the ID this thursday so won't be able to send for a provisional till the friday leaving it 10 working days to be recieved in time for freshers. Is that enough time or should i order my provisional in a quieter point in the year and not risk it for freshers?
    some clubs could be abit fussy an insist on driving licenses or passports only so if you ve got the money to get one I d say get one ASAP. I got a provisional back in a week so you never know

ReputationRep:
    I am in the same situation, except that for me Freshers Week starts on 21st (though I'll need ID on the 20th). I have sent off for a provisional license online, and have also started my application for a ValidateUK card (basically a CitizenCard - carries the PASS hologram) and will send that off as soon as I get my cheque book in a couple of days.

It is worth the hassle.

ReputationRep:
    Get it now most places ask for ID and student cards aren't always accepted if you don't have it for freshers your passport will do but a drivers licence is better.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'm currently studying in Lincoln at BGU and I can tell you that you won't get into the nightclubs there unless it's a provisional, driving license or passport. They are strict in the nightclubs around there - I've never experienced one where they'd let you in with that form of ID. I'd suggest ordering your provisional ASAP or waiting until a later point in the year. Depends if you actually want to go out for Freshers.
    If you have any other questions about Lincoln, PM me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathanemptage)
    Get it now most places ask for ID and student cards aren't always accepted if you don't have it for freshers your passport will do but a drivers licence is better.
    My passport is waaaay out of date, really unsure what to do here

ReputationRep:
    Don't panic, just order your provisional. I've been using mine for ages as I don't have a passport and they arrive quickly- I even lost mine one time and the replacement came within a week. It's better to do it now than wait any longer at any rate

ReputationRep:
    all i've got is an NUS card...anybody know if that'll fine for buying drinks/clubs? or should i just get a provisional license?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by LazyBazooka)
    all i've got is an NUS card...anybody know if that'll fine for buying drinks/clubs? or should i just get a provisional license?
    Get a license

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.