(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

keeeen
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Depends how you do in the ukcat mate. 16/24 for academics. Probs need like 20-22/24 for ukcat
Best 8 GCSE: 7A* 1A = 23/24
As grades: AAAA
What would be a good ukcat score to get interview??
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
My score would be 45.8/48. Worth an application?
Reply 5
Original post by Balrajan singh
Best 8 GCSE: 7A* 1A = 23/24
As grades: AAAA
What would be a good ukcat score to get interview??

660+?
Reply 6
Original post by G.name
My score would be 45.8/48. Worth an application?

YES definitely, last year was 57/68 on similar scoring so breeze through.
Original post by chrisdale98
660+?

Okay thanks 👍🏿👍🏿
Reply 8
Okay thanks 👍🏿👍🏿

To be honest based on last year if u smashed academics your ukcat could have been below 600 and still get interviewed. So with 7A*s you shouldnt even need 660 but just to be safe haha
Original post by chrisdale98
To be honest based on last year if u smashed academics your ukcat could have been below 600 and still get interviewed. So with 7A*s you shouldnt even need 660 but just to be safe haha

Haha... Thats awesome, thanks for the help 😏👍🏿👍🏿
anyone know what the lowest mark out of 48 for academic ability and UKCAT which would still be good enough?
Original post by gabby1410
anyone know what the lowest mark out of 48 for academic ability and UKCAT which would still be good enough?

Considering it was 57/68 last year which is about 84%, a good enough score would be anything above 41... I think anyway 🤓
Considering it was 57/68 last year which is about 84%, a good enough score would be anything above 41... I think anyway 🤓

Thank you, I need to get knuckling down on my UKCAT then! 🙄
Is 4A*s and 5As along with 693 in UKCAT a safe bet for an interview?
Definitely applying to Leicester as it rewards students with achieved a level grades so A's and A*s at gcses are given the same weighting in terms of points :smile: I've got 22/24 on academic points, guess I just need an average uckat score to get an interview? Roughly what ukcat score should I be aiming for due to Leicester's scoring? (obviously want to get as high as possible for application to other universities, but Leicester is my favourite)
Reply 15
First time applicant -applying as a graduate with deferred entry- total points seem to be 42/48 scored (22/24 for academics and 20/24 for UKCAT) praying this is competitive enough to bag me that all important interview!
Reply 16
Original post by Ninjakam119
Definitely applying to Leicester as it rewards students with achieved a level grades so A's and A*s at gcses are given the same weighting in terms of points :smile: I've got 22/24 on academic points, guess I just need an average uckat score to get an interview? Roughly what ukcat score should I be aiming for due to Leicester's scoring? (obviously want to get as high as possible for application to other universities, but Leicester is my favourite)

Hi!
I know that they have a break down of the various ranges of UKCAT scores and what score out of 24 they correspond to on their website- have a look at this to set your mark! :"D wishing you all the best *
Hi there :smile:

Im thinking about applying to Leicester uni this year hopefully to study medicine. I got 12 A*s at GCSE and a score of 1980 in UKCAT so that would give me a score of 43.5 out of 48. Is that too low to get a chance at an interview offer?

Thanks for your time :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by Abitat Eco
Hi there :smile:

Im thinking about applying to Leicester uni this year hopefully to study medicine. I got 12 A*s at GCSE and a score of 1980 in UKCAT so that would give me a score of 43.5 out of 48. Is that too low to get a chance at an interview offer?

Thanks for your time :smile:

hey, you copied my ukcat score haha, only I dropped a point in academics so I'm on 42.5. I loved Leicester and I'm applying with it. last year if u got 6a* and 4As at AS you could flop the ukcat and still get an interview. I cant imagine getting dead high academics and a solid ukcat score this year will put us out of the running. just have to hope I guess
Would a score or 38/48 give me a chance? Please be honest cause I don't want to waste an application:smile: ??l

Quick Reply

Latest