The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester Medicine 2017 Entry!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shalaw97
I'm thinking of applying to Leicester for 2017 entry.

I got 2010 in my UKCAT:
500 in VR
820 in AR
690 in QR
Band 2 in SJ

GCSE: (6 best)
B in English
A in Maths
A* in D+T
A in Biology
A in Physics
A in Chemistry

I've already completed my A levels with AAAB in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Maths respectively.

Would this be alright for Leicester?

Go on to the official web page on entry requirements and add up your points out of 48. 24 is academics and 24 is allocated to ukcat score.

If your total is 40+ it's worth considering applying
We don't know the cut off score but the higher you score the better chance of getting an interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Hi guys done my ukcat today - I got a total score of 1850 so added with my gcses thats a score of 38.5 to apply to leicester - i guess thats too low and too risky to apply for leicester :frown:(
Original post by Hdizzle
Go on to the official web page on entry requirements and add up your points out of 48. 24 is academics and 24 is allocated to ukcat score.

If your total is 40+ it's worth considering applying
We don't know the cut off score but the higher you score the better chance of getting an interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks I got a score of 40.5:smile:
Original post by Shalaw97
Thanks I got a score of 40.5:smile:

Fab!

👍🏾

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 164
So the UKCAT average is down which is a bit of a relief :colondollar: I score 41.5 which is pretty borderline. With mean UKCAT scores being lower this year, would I stand a chance? I have a Band 2 for SJT so I'm not sure if I should apply since SJT is used as a virtual interview station :s-smilie:
Original post by lidzi_
So the UKCAT average is down which is a bit of a relief :colondollar: I score 41.5 which is pretty borderline. With mean UKCAT scores being lower this year, would I stand a chance? I have a Band 2 for SJT so I'm not sure if I should apply since SJT is used as a virtual interview station :s-smilie:

You lose 1 point at interview not a big deal. And logically yes of course you would. Ive just finished all things ucas now :smile:
Reply 166
Original post by chrisdale98
You lose 1 point at interview not a big deal. And logically yes of course you would. Ive just finished all things ucas now :smile:

That's nice to know :biggrin: I think I'll take the risk and apply. Good luck with your application!
Original post by chrisdale98

Did it have information on the website about losing a point at interview? I thought the idea was that SJT is assessed as MMI as opposed to what you got on UKCAT? Or did I get this wrong....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 168
Original post by Hdizzle
Did it have information on the website about losing a point at interview? I thought the idea was that SJT is assessed as MMI as opposed to what you got on UKCAT? Or did I get this wrong....

Posted from TSR Mobile

"We may use the UKCAT SJT score as a virtual interview station." is what they say on their website
Since the final ukcat result is out does anyone know the exact cut off point??
Original post by Exaclebur
Since the final ukcat result is out does anyone know the exact cut off point??

The overall cut off won't be known but you could work out how many points your ukcat score contributes from the website

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lidzi_
"We may use the UKCAT SJT score as a virtual interview station." is what they say on their website

I see! Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know if Leicester would have a problem with me applying for their medicine A100 and neuroscience courses? Don't wanna be rejected straight off because I'm applying for both, although obviously neuroscience is my med backup. Thanks
Guys, is it worth applying with 6A*,2A and 1900 ukcat. I think that's 41/48. But not sure as the symbol shows greater than 1900 for 19 points so does that include my score or would I only get 18.5 in which case my total would be 40.5. Do I have good chance?
Original post by lidzi_

Omgggg twins! I got 41.5 too!! Hopefully we'll both get a chance for an interview :smile: I'm really rooting for Leicester because it seems like the only option I have left lol.
Reply 175
Original post by Emir Imran
Omgggg twins! I got 41.5 too!! Hopefully we'll both get a chance for an interview :smile: I'm really rooting for Leicester because it seems like the only option I have left lol.

Same here :redface: Where else are you applying?
I'm applying to Aberdeen, Bristol and Queen's Belfast. Everything's like basically safety net choices if I tally it with my UKCAT score, 1900.

Bristol's really PS heavy so I'm really praying my PS can like make it. Tried hard to ensure it met all the criteria they seeked for haha. What about you? What are your choices?
Reply 177
Original post by Emir Imran
I'm applying to Aberdeen, Bristol and Queen's Belfast. Everything's like basically safety net choices if I tally it with my UKCAT score, 1900.

Bristol's really PS heavy so I'm really praying my PS can like make it. Tried hard to ensure it met all the criteria they seeked for haha. What about you? What are your choices?

We have the same UKCAT score too wow :tongue: For me it's Exeter, Birmingham, and probably QUB but not sure about that yet. Best of luck, specially for Bristol!
Original post by 99-bdk23
Anyone know if Leicester would have a problem with me applying for their medicine A100 and neuroscience courses? Don't wanna be rejected straight off because I'm applying for both, although obviously neuroscience is my med backup. Thanks

Whether you get an interview at Leicester is based purely on academic and ukcat achievement. My daughter applied for her back up at the same Uni as her A100 and got offers for both courses. I'm sure it's fine but if you have any doubts you could check with the admissions team.
Original post by meddad
Whether you get an interview at Leicester is based purely on academic and ukcat achievement. My daughter applied for her back up at the same Uni as her A100 and got offers for both courses. I'm sure it's fine but if you have any doubts you could check with the admissions team.

Thanks for your advice, I've emailed them but they haven't got back to me yet. Glad to hear that, thanks again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending