The Student Room Group

Am I good enough? :S

Hello everybody!
this is my first post and I hope this is the right section! I writing this post because I'm not sure if my academic career meets what's required by the 'A+' grad schools in the uk!
I'm enrolled in a Bachelor in Management Engineering in Rome (Italy) and I'd love to carry on my studies with a msc in management, in order to have a career in strategic consulting. My back up choice is to study investment management and then try to find a job in the start-ups industries (I know, it'd be awesome as well!! )
I'm taking the GRE test in a couple of weeks, but my expected grades are 145/155 verbal reasoning, 160/165 quantitative reasoning and approx. 3.0-3.5 for the last section. Currently, my gpa is 26.4 out of 30 (converted into uk's gpa is 3.33 to 3.4, depending on the web site that makes the conversion). In addition, my Ielts grade is 7.5.
Stating on September I'll be sending my application to very prestigious schools and I don't know if I am good enough to get accepted! The programs I chose are: msc International Business at Warwick, Global Master in Management at LBS, msc in Management at LSE, London City, St. Andrews, Bath and Durham.
What do you think? Do I have any chance? Should I at least try?
please be very honest and sincere!
if you have any suggestion just tell me, it 'd be very helpful!

Thanks in advance for your help and for your attention!
PS: I hope my written english is understandable!
Reply 1
Hey,

Well first of all you have just mentioned your grades and scores. Yes, academics and test scores are a big part of the equation but more important is your profile, extra curricular activities, internships etc which would comprise your essays. So yeah a lot more info is needed to properly analyze your profile for the schools you mentioned.

For the GRE scores above 320 are usully a safe bet, especially for the top notch schools such as LBS and LSE, for the others it may be a bit lower.
Though your score is lower than 320 it may not be a deal breaker if the other parts of your profile are really good. I know for a fact that LBS is pretty picky about the test scores, so LBS may be difficult to get into.

Your CGPA is fine, and should not cause any problems, so don't worry about that.

I would strongly suggest to give more info about your profile and also get a free profile evaluation done at http://www.mim-essay.com/mim-profile-evaluation-.html , it is a site run by MiM students and you can get a pretty comprehensive evaluation done there.
Reply 2
Thank you so much for your reply! Since I do not know many people that went abroad for the postgrad, i really needed some advices...
Reply 3
Glad to help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest