Turn on thread page Beta

Do my UMS scores guarantee an interview? watch

ReputationRep:
    I have an average UMS of 95% over my four best AS subjects. I was told that there was an automatic filtering, whereby anyone with over 90% has an automatic interview for Oxbridge. Is this true? Would I get an automatic interview based on only my grades?

Many thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I think it's 93% It also doesn't apply for Maths and Medicine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elemy)
    I think it's 93% It also doesn't apply for Maths and Medicine
    Yes, for Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the responses!

Does this mean regardless of my personal statement?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Skittlemz)
    Thank you for the responses!

Does this mean regardless of my personal statement?
    Yes regardless. But it also depends on what A-levels you are taking for which subject at Cambridge. And the method of calculating your average depends on the subject... so what are your ASs, and their UMS, and for which course?

Eg. Sciences are different to Arts/Humanities.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Yes regardless. But it also depends on what A-levels you are taking for which subject at Cambridge. And the method of calculating your average depends on the subject... so what are your ASs, and their UMS, and for which course?

Eg. Sciences are different to Arts/Humanities.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If I haven't done this wrong, my AS levels with the highest marks are History, Spanish, French and Literature. The average UMS is 95%. I've also done Maths, Economics and Thinking Skills. I have A's in these but the UMS isn't as high as the first four. I'd be applying for something in political science or maybe PPE.Was just wondering if it was worth an application since I'm very interested in going to the States and I know that doing a Commonapp and UCAS at the same time is a lot of hassle!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Skittlemz)
    If I haven't done this wrong, my AS levels with the highest marks are History, Spanish, French and Literature. The average UMS is 95%. I've also done Maths, Economics and Thinking Skills. I have A's in these but the UMS isn't as high as the first four. I'd be applying for something in political science or maybe PPE.Was just wondering if it was worth an application since I'm very interested in going to the States and I know that doing a Commonapp and UCAS at the same time is a lot of hassle!
    Check the courses. No pure politics degree at Cambridge. Closest is probably HSPS.

It's Best 3 for that, so sounds like you're guaranteed that interview.

http://www.hsps.cam.ac.uk/prospectiv...y-requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Check the courses. No pure politics degree at Cambridge. Closest is probably HSPS.

It's Best 3 for that, so sounds like you're guaranteed that interview.

http://www.hsps.cam.ac.uk/prospectiv...y-requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile

Best 3 is even better! That's great! Thanks a lot for the info and link!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.