Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So AS Results arrived fairly recently (Congratulations and commiserations to those affected). I do 2 A levels and two Cambridge Pre Us.
    My AS results were:
    A - OCR Economics (86 UMS Average)
    C - Edexcel Maths (69 UMS Average)
    My Pre U results were:
    A* - Business and Management
    A - Philosophy

I was basically wondering if there was any point of applying for PPE at Oxford with A* A A C. I understand that the Economics side of PPE is very maths intensive, and I have messed up on the Maths exams, but I plan to resit them and I'm positive I will do better next year. I got A* in Maths at GCSE and got 92 UMS on C1, yet messed up on the C2 and S1, which left me with 1% from a B. On C2 I got stuck on a few questions near the start for stupid reasons e.g I had the wrong setting on my calculator. I started to run out of time and panicked. On S1 I had just got back from Moscow about 2am the day of the exam, and had a pounding headache and couldn't concentrate on anything. I know I can do much better on those exams. On the other hand there is no excuse for mediocrity and I should have pushed passed those situations.

So, StudentRoom, I really want to apply, but I'm worried I'll be discarded immediately without an interview due to my poor Maths result, and I don't want to waste one of my 5 slots. What do you think?

Thank you very much for your time gentlemen/ladies.

(Edit: PS, I'm not sure if it's important at all, but I also got an A in the IFS CeFS course which in itself is worth 60 UMS. )

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.