Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So, I'm currently deciding between Physics or PPE at university (I'll be applying in little over a month so I should probably get that done soon) and want to get a better understanding of what PPE actually involves.

Does it involve copious amounts of essays like some people say?

Does it involve creativity in any way? I don't mean thinking of radical new philosophical ideas, just creative ways of thinking/understanding.

What are the normal contact times? - I want to form a band. OK, I know this is also going to be high for Physics but I thought it worth asking.

Also, is a PPE degree anywhere other than Oxford actually worth it? Whenever I hear PPE mentioned it's to do with Oxford rather than York, Durham etc, so are these other PPE degrees not respected.

I know that's very long, but I would greatly appreciate it if you've respond

ReputationRep:
    I'm also thinking about PPE.
    I know kings are stRting to offer it in 2016 so would like to know what people think about it and decide whether or not it is worth applying to.

ReputationRep:
    It completely depends where you apply. PPE Oxford is probably the most unique programme and will make you work the hardest. Other prestigious institutions like LSE, UCL and KCL have started providing it only in the last year or so.

I'd recommend you look at the course content/programme details/modules offered for each and come to your own conclusions.

Also, remember to look outside these places - York was, before the London guys came in, the best Oxford-alternative for PPE. The course exists at other reputable places too, like Exeter.

unistats.com

www.university.which.co.uk

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 28, 2015

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.