Should I take Chemistry A level or not ????

Watch
tkay0899
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey guys I got a B in GCSE chemistry and I'm not sure if i should take it for A level. Bear in mind my chemistry teacher wasn't there for the majority of the two years so that may have something to do with it. I heard it's quite beneficial to be good at maths and I got an A* in that so would that help me ?
Infraspecies
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Is this a "Should I do..." or a "Can I do..."?

If you enjoy it, you should take it, work hard, and do well. Yes, a B isn't the best grade, but that shouldn't stop you getting whatever grade you want at A level. It's about how hard you apply yourself, and that's it.

If you don't enjoy it, don't do it.
tkay0899
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Infraspecies)
Is this a "Should I do..." or a "Can I do..."?

If you enjoy it, you should take it, work hard, and do well. Yes, a B isn't the best grade, but that shouldn't stop you getting whatever grade you want at A level. It's about how hard you apply yourself, and that's it.

If you don't enjoy it, don't do it.
thank you!!
AnonymousAspirant
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by tkay0899)
Hey guys I got a B in GCSE chemistry and I'm not sure if i should take it for A level. Bear in mind my chemistry teacher wasn't there for the majority of the two years so that may have something to do with it. I heard it's quite beneficial to be good at maths and I got an A* in that so would that help me ?
The actual maths in Chemistry AS Level is very basic so your GCSE knowledge would be more than sufficient.
AGalletly
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Only take Chemistry if you are willing to work hard. I took Chemistry and ended up dropping it as I fell behind and did not do a sufficient amount of work to catch up. It isn't an easy subject, and from what I have heard A2 Chemistry is a lot harder than AS Chemistry, so again only take the subject if you will work hard!

Hope this helped
LearnOnline
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by tkay0899)
There is a lot of work involved in Chemistry A level, but it is a very interesting A level to take.

If you are prepared to put the work in...and a few hours a week extra to ensure you are on track, then go for it!

M
Studypharm
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I am planning on taking A-Level chemistry with a B as well

My teacher reminded us on induction day to look at how you did in each separate exam as well. We did OCR and he said that C1, C2 and C3 are not "real chemistry" as he says, and have no relevance at A-Level. However, our final C7 exam is what we'll be developing further for the next two years so if we did rubbish in the exam we should think about whether we are really are up to the challenge.

Obviously, I'm sure this is different for different exam boards but it may be helpful in making your decision. But like the others have said on the thread, if you enjoy it and are willing to work very hard a B shouldn't matter too much. Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (25)
13.59%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.52%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.89%
I need help with my personal statement (76)
41.3%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (44)
23.91%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.63%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (15)
8.15%

Watched Threads