The Student Room Group

Free University Course with Open Application Period??

Hey there Students!

I've got a little problem that I was hoping you might be able to help me with:

Basically, I'm in the process of enrolling in a course in Germany, but because of some administrative criteria, I've been classed as a "professional" candidate (instead of a student), incurring an astronomical price bump from 750€ to 10.000€. I work in a bar, so this is simply not possible.

From asking around the school and some graduates that I've come across, all I need is a matriculation certificate - from any university what-so-ever - naming me as a student of some sort (even a guest student). Enrolment is the only criteria, and I get the strong impression that many people before me have signed up to dummy courses to skirt this delicious nugget of admin fun before.

The two big problems that have been killing my search so far are that I really can't afford to pay up more than a small sum in order to enrol (a hundred or so bucks might just be manageable), and that the application period for most free (i.e. state run universities in the E.U.) are decidedly over.

Do any of you lovely people have suggestions on where to look?? By my reckoning I've got about three weeks to solve my small conundrum.

Thanks a bunch!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending