Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    As it says in the title, I was wondering if there is anyone else on here doing their Teacher Training with the Kent and Medway Training consortium?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm going to start a PGCE with them in September so not quite SCITT but I think some of the lectures we have etc are the same! I kept looking on here for advice and on the off chance there would be someone from the same place as me but thought it would be unlikely!

I'm doing secondary science with an emphasis on physics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by |jenny|)
    Hi,

I'm going to start a PGCE with them in September so not quite SCITT but I think some of the lectures we have etc are the same! I kept looking on here for advice and on the off chance there would be someone from the same place as me but thought it would be unlikely!

I'm doing secondary science with an emphasis on physics.
    Hi Jenny, its nice to have someone on here doing a similar course.
    I was getting worried as I had little information on the course and hadn't met anyone else doing this particular course.

I had a School Direct induction with them yesterday. I have been told all together there will be over 90 of us with KMT.
    Approx 60 SD and 30 PGCE.

Professional studies lectures we will all be together, and it looks like we only have subject studies split into groups.
    The calendar also looks extremely busy for this year! lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlouking)
    Hi Jenny, its nice to have someone on here doing a similar course.
    I was getting worried as I had little information on the course and hadn't met anyone else doing this particular course.

I had a School Direct induction with them yesterday. I have been told all together there will be over 90 of us with KMT.
    Approx 60 SD and 30 PGCE.

Professional studies lectures we will all be together, and it looks like we only have subject studies split into groups.
    The calendar also looks extremely busy for this year! lol.
    A couple of weeks back I got sent their intro pack which made me panic a little less! I'm really excited about starting, wish it was now!

I'm surprised there are only 90ish people in total, much smaller than I thought!

From what I've heard it's going to be super busy! I'm trying to see all my friends and family lots now because I'm not sure how often I'll see them during the course!

See you in a few weeks :-)

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am applying to do my teacher training with KMT, as you have mentioned before, it is hard to find anyone doing their course...
    I was wondering how is it? DO you recommend it? How did the interviews look like?

I already talked with the tutors and they are very supportive, is it the same during the training?

Many thanks for any response.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2017
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.