Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi guys.....help
    the doctrine of the promissory estoppel has in a way eliminated the requirement of consideration when making contraactual promises.discuss
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Moved to Law Study Help, where you're more likely to get an answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnson iiko)
    hi guys.....help
    the doctrine of the promissory estoppel has in a way eliminated the requirement of consideration when making contraactual promises.discuss

Yoo!!

Unlike problem questions an answer to a discussion cannot be given in TSR. I'd suggest you searched through westlaw journals for the relationship between consideration and PE. Treitel also has some interesting things to say on the subject.

But first, do you understand what consideration and PE are?

For a contract to stand there must be some sort of consideration. The consideration must be recognized in law. To stop whining therefore cannot be consideration. Now, this rule never changes for the original formation of a contract. If however there was a modification to the original contract through an ancillary or collateral contract, there are instances where the requirement consideration can be circumvented through promissory estoppel. For a judgement that explains promissory estoppel clearly check out Denning in High Trees.

Again man it is impossible to answer your question in TSR unless someone goes to do the research and writes the essay for you. People struggle with problem questions because they can't spot the issues of law. In your case they're pretty clear! Go do some work!

ReputationRep:
    If you're a bit stuck with contract law, I have some really good notes that I made and put up online:

http://www.notesale.co.uk/more-info/...tes!-(Level-4)

- FULL SET of Contract Law notes, covers everything you need to know for your exam!
    - Notes with colour, mindmaps, flowcharts, key cases, facts and structures for problem solving questions
    - All you need to know in one place!
    - Fantastic set of notes, as a supplement to your University lectures
    - Aimed at first year LLB Law students, sitting exams at Level 4
    - Covers all topics in Contract Law, in a compact but user friendly way
    - MUST HAVE for students struggling with Contract Law principles
    - Applicable for all law students studying for a qualifying law degree

I used these notes and got a 1st! I hope it helps!
    It's worth paying a little, for a good grade in one of the most important topics in law.Good luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 8, 2015

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.