Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So, I got my results a few days ago and I was mostly pleased with my grades - however, I was disappointed by one grade. It's being sent off for a remark but will I still have a chance at being able to attend Cambridge if I was to do well on my A Levels?

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge dont accept those who can't spell their name correctly on the title.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Error404OLE)
    Cambridge dont except those who can't spell their name correctly on the title.
    It could of just been a typo, I think your being a bit too harsh there especially since its just the internet and a forum.

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs are only one part of the whole application. AS/A-Level grades (and subjects) are of much greater importance.

ReputationRep:
    *accept

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PS4)
    *accept
    *Sniggers*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Where is Cambrudge?

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge don't care that much about GCSEs. If you got Ds and Cs then you need to re-evaluate. As and A*s you're fine. The odd B is fine. They care FAR more about AS UMS. Oxford notoriously care a fair bit about GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    it's accept* actually. But thanks anyway, it was just typo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paralove)
    GCSEs are only one part of the whole application. AS/A-Level grades (and subjects) are of much greater importance.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PS4)
    *accept

lol thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilo98)
    Cambridge don't care that much about GCSEs. If you got Ds and Cs then you need to re-evaluate. As and A*s you're fine. The odd B is fine. They care FAR more about AS UMS. Oxford notoriously care a fair bit about GCSEs
    Okay thanks! It was just the odd B so it should be okay then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katycheung)
    Okay thanks! It was just the odd B so it should be okay then
    yes you're absolutely fine. the real turning point is AS results where you will want as high UMS as possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilo98)
    yes you're absolutely fine. the real turning point is AS results where you will want as high UMS as possible.
    Okay, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Your A-levels are deffo more important but they look at both

ReputationRep:
    Provided the majority of you GCSE's consist of As and A*s, Cambridge don't make too much of a fuss. For even cambridge to be a possibility, your grades at GCSE should be fairly strong, preferably As and A*s, however the number of A*s aren't too much of a concern. Trust me when I say that if you work your ass of at A level to achieve 3A*s or more, regardless of your GCSEs, you'll be a very strong candidate. GCSEs aren't the be all and end all, and A levels always give you the chance for redemption. A levels are the key.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EllainKahlo)
    Your A-levels are deffo more important but they look at both
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geezer789)
    Provided the majority of you GCSE's consist of As and A*s, Cambridge don't make too much of a fuss. For even cambridge to be a possibility, your grades at GCSE should be fairly strong, preferably As and A*s, however the number of A*s aren't too much of a concern. Trust me when I say that if you work your ass of at A level to achieve 3A*s or more, regardless of your GCSEs, you'll be a very strong candidate. GCSEs aren't the be all and end all, and A levels always give you the chance for redemption. A levels are the key.
    Okay! I best get working hard for those top A Level grades! Thank you

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.