Computer science with maths Watch

imran_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Im gonna be applying to unis this year and my predicted grades are likely to be ABB. But Kings require AAB for this. Can I still apply? and do I have a chance of getting in with ABB?
H4RV3Y
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My predicted grades were ABB. A in maths, B in physics and further maths. I got ABBD at AS and was offered a placed for the Computer Science course.

I also applied to York which was also AAB however they lowered their offer to ABB after an interview. I was rejected from University of Birmingham though who wanted AAA.

My advice would be to resit an exam or two to make sure you get AAB. Also, ask your teachers if they can increase your UCAS predicted grade to AAB just to be sure,
Last edited by H4RV3Y; 3 years ago
imran_
Rep:
?
(Original post by H4RV3Y)
My predicted grades were ABB. A in maths, B in physics and further maths. I got ABBD at AS and was offered a placed for the Computer Science course.

I also applied to York which was also AAB however they lowered their offer to ABB after an interview. I was rejected from University of Birmingham though who wanted AAA.

My advice would be to resit an exam or two to make sure you get AAB. Also, ask your teachers if they can increase your UCAS predicted grade to AAB just to be sure,
I got ACC
A in ICT
C in maths and business where I was predicted AAA.
Hopefully I get predicted ABB/AAB
H4RV3Y
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by imran_)
I got ACC
A in ICT
C in maths and business where I was predicted AAA.
Hopefully I get predicted ABB/AAB
I got a D in ICT at AS hahahahahaha!

You will need the predicted grade for maths to be an A imo. as they want an A at A2 maths
imran_
Rep:
?
(Original post by H4RV3Y)
I got a D in ICT at AS hahahahahaha!

You will need the predicted grade for maths to be an A imo. as they want an A at A2 maths
It says I need At least a B for maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
H4RV3Y
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by imran_)
It says I need At least a B for maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
oh yeah, sorry about that. I got confused with the new course I'm doing now. I moved to Mathematics and Computer Science
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (281)
92.43%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (23)
7.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed