Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    2:1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent (eg, a GPA of 3.0 or above) in any subject, with at least 5 credit-bearing modules in Accounting or Finance, including at least one at post-elementary level.

What does exacly mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aggelos2)
    2:1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent (eg, a GPA of 3.0 or above) in any subject, with at least 5 credit-bearing modules in Accounting or Finance, including at least one at post-elementary level.

What does exacly mean?
    Are you from the UK? It means you need a degree with a classification of 2.1.

If not, it means you need a GPA of over 3.0 with at least 5 relevant modules/classes (accounting & finance) that counted toward your GPA. Not sure what part is confusing you.

ReputationRep:
    NO Im from greece!! My honour degree here is from technological educational institute and the grade which i have is 6.96 . i have read on their website that the scale 2:1 degree is between 6,5 -8,4 in greek scale and i wonder if they want 6,5 (greek scale) at any module or if they want overal?
    Also i want to ask if Glascow university is a good university in this facror( accounting and finance) and what does job oppurtunities i will have if do the above postgraduate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aggelos2)
    NO Im from greece!! My honour degree here is from technological educational institute and the grade which i have is 6.96 . i have read on their website that the scale 2:1 degree is between 6,5 -8,4 in greek scale and i wonder if they want 6,5 (greek scale) at any module or if they want overal?
    Also i want to ask if Glascow university is a good university in this facror( accounting and finance) and what does job oppurtunities i will have if do the above postgraduate?
    Yes, 6.5 - 8.4 is correct, so your grade of 6.96 meets their requirement.

Uh, not 100% sure but from what you pasted, I'd guess they want that as an overall grade, with relevant modules counting towards that grade? You can always contact them for clarification.

Glasgow uni is a good university but I have no idea about their accounting/finance stuff. Someone else will have you help you with that.

ReputationRep:
    yes the initial post is the entry requirements which i found on their website! i m attaching you the website
    http://www.gla.ac.uk/postgraduate/ta...ialmanagement/
    Do you know what kind of people can help me about their accounting/finance stuff?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Your best bet is to email them and ask.

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.