Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Up until year 9 I got all the top grades and was supposed to do 11 GCSEs with my predicted grades being 10 As and 1 B. But then I started bunking off and getting into drugs so my grades fell through the floor and I ended up taking 5 GCSEs with 1 C, 3 Ds and 1 U. I've put a stop to my immature behavior and I want to be given another chance to be able to achieve what I should have initially. Is there anywhere that I can go to do a retake of everything so I can get onto the prestigious A Level courses that I was supposed to? The college that I went to today says that I can only retake Maths, English and Science. I need to know by tomorrow if I can or not as the college needs to sign me up for what I'll be doing, most likely an apprenticeship or vocational course. If anyone can give me some worthwhile information then I would really appreciate it.

    The only thing I can think of would be to retake the subjects you would've done at GCSE on a GCSE level (i.e. Level 2 rather than Level 3, which would be a BTEC course) if your college offers those subjects

University open days

  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

Study tools


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.


Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.


Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.


Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.