Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know that it says in the exam rules that the use of correcting fluid is prohibited but I completely forgot about it and used my ink eraser twice in my science exam today. Does anyone know what would happen if they found out? Or is using an ink eraser considered OK in written exams and not multiple choice? I'm worried that they would fail my whole paper..

ReputationRep:
    I really doubt they'd care. I used ink erasers all through my GCSEs and was never told off about it. Just don't do it again if you're worried about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sol)
    I know that it says in the exam rules that the use of correcting fluid is prohibited but I completely forgot about it and used my ink eraser twice in my science exam today. Does anyone know what would happen if they found out? Or is using an ink eraser considered OK in written exams and not multiple choice? I'm worried that they would fail my whole paper..
    of course they wont fail you, i have used ink erasers for the past few years and nothings happened. i dont think they can even tell if youve used one!

ReputationRep:
    Oh my gosh I didn't even know they were banned. I'll be removing them from my pencilcase tonight!!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trishfish_73)
    Oh my gosh I didn't even know they were banned. I'll be removing them from my pencilcase tonight!!! :eek:
    Remember, it must be a transparent pencilcase. Some of the things they forbid on my exam regulations sheet are faintly ridiculous. They include pocket televisions and digital cameras. Yes, like I'm really going to find time to watch Oprah and take a thrilling picture of a table-lined hall during my exam. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    Remember, it must be a transparent pencilcase. Some of the things they forbid on my exam regulations sheet are faintly ridiculous. They include pocket televisions and digital cameras. Yes, like I'm really going to find time to watch Oprah and take a thrilling picture of a table-lined hall during my exam. :rolleyes:
    i did.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't that from the CBBC website?

ReputationRep:
    Isn't that from the CBBC website?
    LOL i dont know i just found a random picture and posted it

ReputationRep:
    Heh, the light blue border looks like the CBBC website to me.

It's also a rather unlikely angle for you to have actually taken a photo from...

ReputationRep:

It's also a rather unlikely angle for you to have actually taken a photo from...
    oh right.
    lol just realised the boy at the back looks like hes sleeping

ReputationRep:
    They don't like you using ink erasers because you might change your answers after the exam? This is what our invigilator said. It seems slightly pointless seeing as you could just scribble out what you've written anyway. Oh well, I guess it just reduces the chance of somebody being able to do this. Did you use just an eraser pen or Tippex? I just didn't take the eraser pen in with me so I can't use it. Today in the exam I reached out automatically for it but it wasn't there...phew.

Don't worry Sol. 'Twill be fine

ReputationRep:

Unless you were standing on a desk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    Unless you were standing on a desk
    If anyone manages to stand on their desk during an exam, take a picture of the exam room and get away unnoticed, I take my hat off to them.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone manages to stand on their desk during an exam, take a picture of the exam room and get away unnoticed, I take my hat off to them.
    there was a boy at the back of the exam hall during GCSE French eating KFC...........serious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    there was a boy at the back of the exam hall during GCSE French eating KFC...........serious
    I don't think there is a regulation against food in exam rooms actually...I might bring a curry with me into P5.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there is a regulation against food in exam rooms actually...I might bring a curry with me into P5.
    lol, anything against smoking cigs or drinking alcohol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sol)
    i think the reason is cos they stick em in shelves for ages, and it peels off, ie. your writin goes poof! And dissapears, meaning u dont get no more marks

I think it'll b ok, as lng as an ink eraser dunt make ur writin fall off the page

tom

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your replies, I feel less worried now. I only used an ink eraser, didn't use any tippex or any of that stuff. Even an invigilator saw me use it and he didn't do anything but then again, most of the invigilators were half asleep.. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sol)
    Thanks for your replies, I feel less worried now. I only used an ink eraser, didn't use any tippex or any of that stuff. Even an invigilator saw me use it and he didn't do anything but then again, most of the invigilators were half asleep.. :rolleyes:
    ye my brother does it, he get 8.50 an hour for walkin about

Such a gud job

lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    lol, anything against smoking cigs or drinking alcohol?
    Don't think so, but that's forbidden by the school anyway.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.