The Student Room Group

is studying medicine in Poland or Hungary a good idea?

I've been thinking of applying for medicine in Poland and Hungary, reason being the grade boundaries are lower, its relatively cheaper and i think i'd have a better chance of getting in...i also like the idea of learning new things from a different culture and also meeting new people from different parts of the world. is it a good idea or nah?
Yes. I'm actually from Korea, currently studying in the UK. Studying abroad is very enjoyable and is a great opportunity to experience and learn about different cultures. Medicine courses in Poland and Hungary are in English, so you wouldn't have any language barrier issues.

Another thing to note is that you can practise medicine in the UK from medical qualifications from Poland and Hungary.

I would say those schools would be a sensible back-up. If I were you, I would apply to them at the same time as applying to UK schools. Overall, I think it wouldn't be such a bad idea.
Meh, if you cannot get into medicine in the UK and you are dead set on becoming a doctor, then you have no other choice but to go abroad. Obviously, don't do it otherwise.

I'm from Hungary so if you have any questions, feel free to ask, not specifially about medicine as I am not a med student, although if you are looking at Hungary, Semmelweis Uni is the most well known for Medicine and it's in the capital as well, other cities are small and more like towns. If you want to go to Hungary, definitely try to get into Semmelweis uni.
Reply 3
Original post by driftawaay
Meh, if you cannot get into medicine in the UK and you are dead set on becoming a doctor, then you have no other choice but to go abroad. Obviously, don't do it otherwise.

I'm from Hungary so if you have any questions, feel free to ask, not specifially about medicine as I am not a med student, although if you are looking at Hungary, Semmelweis Uni is the most well known for Medicine and it's in the capital as well, other cities are small and more like towns. If you want to go to Hungary, definitely try to get into Semmelweis uni.

thank you for your help!! i will take that into consideration xx
Reply 4
Original post by jeehwan34
Yes. I'm actually from Korea, currently studying in the UK. Studying abroad is very enjoyable and is a great opportunity to experience and learn about different cultures. Medicine courses in Poland and Hungary are in English, so you wouldn't have any language barrier issues.

Another thing to note is that you can practise medicine in the UK from medical qualifications from Poland and Hungary.

I would say those schools would be a sensible back-up. If I were you, I would apply to them at the same time as applying to UK schools. Overall, I think it wouldn't be such a bad idea.

yes i was thinking of applying this academic session, but i'm still doing my research and asking questions...if i'm going to go through that route i'd want the best and most recognized uni.

Thank you for for your help!!
Original post by tutuu
I've been thinking of applying for medicine in Poland and Hungary, reason being the grade boundaries are lower, its relatively cheaper and i think i'd have a better chance of getting in...i also like the idea of learning new things from a different culture and also meeting new people from different parts of the world. is it a good idea or nah?

Which all medical schools are you applying in Poland ???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, studying medicine in Poland is a good choice. Whilst some of the courses offered by Polish unis will not give you a great career, after graduating from medicine you will have bunch of opportunities. Anyway, which exams are you passing? IB, A-Levels or sth else?
If you have any questions, ask me. I am Polish so I think I can help you a lot :smile: xx
Original post by brokenbones
Hey, studying medicine in Poland is a good choice. Whilst some of the courses offered by Polish unis will not give you a great career, after graduating from medicine you will have bunch of opportunities. Anyway, which exams are you passing? IB, A-Levels or sth else?
If you have any questions, ask me. I am Polish so I think I can help you a lot :smile: xx

I am a international student from India so I study the CBSE !!! I am applying to Lublin, Poznan , Krakow, Kattowice . What are your views on these unis ??
Is learning medical polish tough?
Thanks for helping !!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MEDIC1998
I am a international student from India so I study the CBSE !!! I am applying to Lublin, Poznan , Krakow, Kattowice . What are your views on these unis ??
Thanks for helping !!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

In my opinion, you should consider Kraków and Poznań as first choices. Definitely Kraków would be the best one, you will be provided with the best tutors and generally high level education. Furthermore, Kraków is a beautiful european city, so I am sure you will enjoy your stay here :smile: Also, the Jagiellonian University in Kraków is one of the best ones in the whole country. I keep my fingers crossed for you to get accepted. Despite this, Poznań is also a good place to study medicine, but if I were you I will choose Kraków :smile: Btw. take a look at University of Warsaw and their course in medicine.
It is tough, but I am sure you will get by. Medicine is difficult everywhere :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
In my opinion, you should consider Kraków and Poznań as first choices. Definitely Kraków would be the best one, you will be provided with the best tutors and generally high level education. Furthermore, Kraków is a beautiful european city, so I am sure you will enjoy your stay here :smile: Also, the Jagiellonian University in Kraków is one of the best ones in the whole country. I keep my fingers crossed for you to get accepted. Despite this, Poznań is also a good place to study medicine, but if I were you I will choose Kraków :smile: Btw. take a look at University of Warsaw and their course in medicine.
It is tough, but I am sure you will get by. Medicine is difficult everywhere :smile:

It is very competitive in krakow as it's a very good uni !!! What are your opinions on Lublin and Kattowice .... Are they good enough?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Im currently at WUM (Warsaw) on the graduate medicine programme, its tough for sure but its medicine :wink:
If I was you i'd apply to Krakow and Warsaw! I've only heard good things about the programme in Krakow and the city is amazing!!
I'm wanting to apply to medicine in Poland but I am unsure how to do so? Is there an application page or a website like ucas?
Original post by The beast97
I'm wanting to apply to medicine in Poland but I am unsure how to do so? Is there an application page or a website like ucas?

Hello

If you would be interested in study in Hungary I can give you information and help you with the procedure. Feel free to contact me or visit my website

www.studyabroadhungary.com
Reply 13
Hi, I would make the application to the Polish universities of medicine. Can you please give me some information. I would like to take courses in English and are very hesitant because I read the news that I was scared. It 'true that there is a high number of students who withdraw because the courses are very difficult than English? My degree will be valid in England and I can 'also do specialization?
Hi Medic1998.

I am from India as well. What uni did you get into finally ?
Posted from TSR Mobile

[QUOTE="MEDIC1998;61594917"]I am a international student from India so I study the CBSE !!! I am applying to Lublin, Poznan , Krakow, Kattowice . What are your views on these unis ??
Thanks for helping !!!
Hi i would like to study in hungary's medical schools any advise?? And also i am from Malaysia
Reply 16
Hello . I'm international student and I was thinking about study Medicine in Malaysia . So may I ask you about Malaysian universities . I heard about Taylor's University. Any opinion about it. And why do you prefer Hungary over Malaysia. Thank you
You can even study in Taylor's but I consider you to check out for public uni and medicine in Malaysia is one of the best country for medicine.. So glad to welcome ya here and uhmm I have Hungary as my option is because
1. Diversity
-as I am from multi ethnic country I am intrigued by other cultures and Converse with the diversity
2. Lenght of the program is 6 years than in the us
3. Cost effective as they also have scholarship (Poland does not.. At least from my knowledge)
4. The education is rising up in rank in the Europe and worldwide
Medicine in University of debrecen is really good for its medicine course
Its just intriguing me so much
Reply 18
Original post by Loschini
You can even study in Taylor's but I consider you to check out for public uni and medicine in Malaysia is one of the best country for medicine.. So glad to welcome ya here and uhmm I have Hungary as my option is because
1. Diversity
-as I am from multi ethnic country I am intrigued by other cultures and Converse with the diversity
2. Lenght of the program is 6 years than in the us
3. Cost effective as they also have scholarship (Poland does not.. At least from my knowledge)
4. The education is rising up in rank in the Europe and worldwide
Medicine in University of debrecen is really good for its medicine course
Its just intriguing me so much

Thank you for your reply. I read that Taylor's is famous for Business and Management Study. What about Medicine? Do you have any information or know what students say about it in Medicine regarding lecturers, quality of teaching.

Can polish government allow graduate MD/MBBS international students for internship?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending