Make up help girls!!! Your favorite products that you have; tell me them

Watch
eunicekallo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So I recently started to buy a few makeup for the first time. I'm 16 and I don't wear much makeup just lightly. I need you guys to tell me what makeup that you use.
elen90
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If I ever wear makeup it's only light too. What skin tone are you? And eye colour? I could recommend some good foundations and nice eyeliner
eunicekallo
Rep:
?
(Original post by elen90)
If I ever wear makeup it's only light too. What skin tone are you? And eye colour? I could recommend some good foundations and nice eyeliner
Skin tone is extra light if that's what you mean. Eye colour is brown. If you could recommend me anything I would be soo happy!!!!!
wolfhound
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you only want light coverage, BB creams are great I'd probably recommend the Garnier one in the lighter colour as its a gel formula and glides nicely onto skin. Plus it's fairly easy to blend so hopefully you can't really make huge mistakes when you first apply it!
Also if you want a natural look it's probably best to go for a mascara that isn't jet black, a brown one should be perfect.

Posted from TSR Mobile
elen90
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by eunicekallo)
Skin tone is extra light if that's what you mean. Eye colour is brown. If you could recommend me anything I would be soo happy!!!!!
Extra extra light? My skin is so pale the palest foundation wasn't pale enough for me - the struggle is real.

It's still great though and you don't really notice the makeup line, especially if you're only applying it in small amounts. I used to use No. 7 foundation which was okay, but I found that it gave me spots. I discovered Mac foundation about a month ago. I'm not quite sure what your skin tone is but I'm using NC15. Maybe go into a store and ask to have a few tried out on your skin by the staff to see what matches best - they'll be happy to oblige as they want to sell you the product.

Brown eye colour is a useful colour to have for eyeliner, as that means black or brown eyeliner should compliment them nicely. Again, Mac is really good for eyeliners. They have a huge selection so I'd recommend just going into one of their stores to see for yourself. Start with pencil eyeliner as liquid is difficult to control. I know I can't control it.

Mac is a little on the costly side, although relatively cheap in comparison to some other brands. It will last you a while if you're only using it sparingly and not very often. If you do buy mascara though try to use it enough to prevent it from drying up (once a week or fortnight has been fine in my experience). Though if you can't be bothered applying it just make sure to wipe off excess onto some tissue to prevent clumping.

I don't know that much about makeup, this is from my rookie experience! I hope it helps
astatine123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i agree with the BB creams and the garnier one is one i have used before and had mixed feelings about (i have lots of spots and it didn't help to cover them :P )but if you have normal skin then go for it
and a good brown mascara i have recently discovered is the seventeen doll'd up in black/brown ) i also love the benefit brow gel (gimme brow) in brown which is quite nice
hope this helps xx
LydiaGibson999
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've been wearing a lot of makeup for a while! I'm definitely a girly girl! Rimmel London do the best liquid foundations whereas maybelline are really good for mousses etc which are lighter. Rimmel also do really good powders. Max factor is best for mascraras although I usually wear fake eyelashes but I used to wear max factor mascara. Obviously MAC and benefit are really good but a little pricey. Collection 2000 and natural collection do good cheap concealers but their foundation is pretty poor so natural collection and collection are good only for concealers.

Hope that helps hun
eunicekallo
Rep:
?
The foundation I use is extra light SPF35 from Bobbie Brown and the cheek blush in the colour melon.
coolgirlaamy
Report 4 years ago
I'm not hugely fond of the Garnier BB cream, I prefer Loreal's BB cream instead, the garnier one just won't blend in well with my skin tone. For foundation, I love BareMinerals foundation, it blends in well and gives you a good amount of coverage
thecatwithnohat
Badges: 20
Report 4 years ago
Black Up sublime powder - absolute perfection; it makes you glow even when you're of a darker skin tone!
wolfhound
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Bobbie Brown is seriously good stuff!

But in regards to cream and mousse foundations, I would probably avoid. They tend to be more difficult to blend, especially if you say you have a really light skin tone.

Bourjois is a fabulous brand for a lot of things as well, and is good in terms of pricing. Sometimes you can only get this stuff in bigger Boots and Superdrug stores though, and maybe not your local ones.

Posted from TSR Mobile
dnor
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
maybelline BB cream, set with translucent powder to set it and make it last. im sure there are many videos on youtube about beginners for makeup and my no 1 tip would be to curl your lashes before adding mascara, makes them pop
myblueheaven339
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm a big fan of benefit they're real mascara. Fantastic stuff. I have it in black but would like a brown one too. For a day to day look I usually wear a bb cream with a translucent powder. This gives me just enough coverage and powder makes it last longer and look less shiny. I also really like no7 stuff because it's hypoallergenic and seems to suit my skin. Can be pricey, but worth it, especially if you can get hold of a voucher.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shaistaaa
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The only makeup I wear is kohl eyeliner around my eyes and I love it because it enhances my eye colour! I also love the Gosh lip liner called "Nougat Crisp"
I don't wear any proper makeup so this is all I have haha :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (278)
34.03%
No (539)
65.97%

Watched Threads