The Student Room Group

Deciphering this girl...

So, there was a girl I had a crush on for almost a year, and she was a good friend of mines. To avoid the risk of our friendship being broken, I never expressed my feelings for her. I am heading off to university soon, but she will be staying at college for another year to do some resits. Today, I talked to her on WhatsApp and told her how I felt about her, and this is how the conversation went:

Me: 'Listen.. I wanted to tell you something.. don't get me wrong. I have had a crush on you ever since the first time I saw you. But I couldn't tell you this as I always thought it would end our friendship. So, I was always quiet about it. I also thought that because we belong to different religions, things wouldn't work out between us. Just wanted to let you know. Sorry if I've said anything wrong, but just wanted to let you know how I felt about you even though it's a bit late.'

Her: 'Arww i dont know what to say, i never thought you had feelings for me. I just thought that you liked me as a friend. Dont worry, you haven't ever done nothing to me that has upset me, so there no need for a sorry. You have been a really nice friend to me and if I've done anything to upset you I'm sorry too.'

Me: 'Cool. Well, I hope you do well with college and your studies. Wish you the best for the life ahead and for everything else. Please don't mind what I said; I had a strong urge to tell you how I felt about you and I guess today was the day.'

Her: 'Don't worry about it and thank you, I hope the best with your studies in university and u get the best grades. Keep in touch and tell me how it goes.
I think your right maybe ur right even if we were together, I think it wouldn't end very well because of our separate religions and we would both get hurt.'

Me: 'Yep, and that's why I was wary that things could have gone further between us. I guess being a human, you will have feelings for others and it's very difficult for these feelings to be hidden for a long time. The time when I asked you if you wanted to hang out on *insert name of road*, and you said your parents might see us, that's when I realised that things couldn't go any further. We should respect out parents' will as well and not give in to emotions/feelings I guess.

Her: 'Yeah, it's not that I didn't want to come with you, it was I was scared about my how my parents would react and I didn't want to upset them and get anyone hurt.'

Looking at the above conversation, I am confused about whether the girl liked me as well, or whether she just thought of me like a friend?

Please help!

Scroll to see replies

she's not a cryptogram
She gives not even a tangential indication of having or having had feelings for you I'm afraid.
Not sure if she used to like you, but she definitely doesn't seem to have any romantic feelings for you now.
Reply 4
Original post by missaxo
she's not a cryptogram

My bad.. but you get the idea.. :tongue:
Original post by Anonymous
My bad.. but you get the idea.. :tongue:

haha tbh i think she thinks of you as a really good friend, i don't think she actually likes you like that
I doubt that she has any feelings for you. Sorry man from reading her message i think she sees you as a close friend only :smile:
Don't worry you will meet your true one one day :biggrin: As you are going to uni im sure you will crush on other people as well ^_^
Good luck :biggrin:
Reply 7
Also, prior to the above convo, I asked her if she is looking forward to starting college this year, and she said: 'not really... it will be boring without you'.
So, there was a girl I had a crush on for almost a year, and she was a good friend of mines. To avoid the risk of our friendship being broken, I never expressed my feelings for her. I am heading off to university soon, but she will be staying at college for another year to do some resits. Today, I talked to her on WhatsApp and told her how I felt about her, and this is how the conversation went:

Me: 'Listen.. I wanted to tell you something.. don't get me wrong. I have had a crush on you ever since the first time I saw you. But I couldn't tell you this as I always thought it would end our friendship. So, I was always quiet about it. I also thought that because we belong to different religions, things wouldn't work out between us. Just wanted to let you know. Sorry if I've said anything wrong, but just wanted to let you know how I felt about you even though it's a bit late.'

Her: 'Arww i dont know what to say, i never thought you had feelings for me. I just thought that you liked me as a friend. Dont worry, you haven't ever done nothing to me that has upset me, so there no need for a sorry. You have been a really nice friend to me and if I've done anything to upset you I'm sorry too.'

Me: 'Cool. Well, I hope you do well with college and your studies. Wish you the best for the life ahead and for everything else. Please don't mind what I said; I had a strong urge to tell you how I felt about you and I guess today was the day.'

Her: 'Don't worry about it and thank you, I hope the best with your studies in university and u get the best grades. Keep in touch and tell me how it goes.
I think your right maybe ur right even if we were together, I think it wouldn't end very well because of our separate religions and we would both get hurt.'

Me: 'Yep, and that's why I was wary that things could have gone further between us. I guess being a human, you will have feelings for others and it's very difficult for these feelings to be hidden for a long time. The time when I asked you if you wanted to hang out on *insert name of road*, and you said your parents might see us, that's when I realised that things couldn't go any further. We should respect out parents' will as well and not give in to emotions/feelings I guess.

Her: 'Yeah, it's not that I didn't want to come with you, it was I was scared about my how my parents would react and I didn't want to upset them and get anyone hurt.'

Looking at the above conversation, I am confused about whether the girl liked me as well, or whether she just thought of me like a friend?

Please help!

It reminds me of Romeo and Juliet. Maybe she does have feelings, but she isn't willing to take the risk unlike that fearless Juliet.
Reply 9
Original post by scrotgrot
She gives not even a tangential indication of having or having had feelings for you I'm afraid.

Original post by Fleming1928
Not sure if she used to like you, but she definitely doesn't seem to have any romantic feelings for you now.

Original post by missaxo
haha tbh i think she thinks of you as a really good friend, i don't think she actually likes you like that

I doubt that she has any feelings for you. Sorry man from reading her message i think she sees you as a close friend only :smile:
Don't worry you will meet your true one one day :biggrin: As you are going to uni im sure you will crush on other people as well ^_^
Good luck :biggrin:

Thank you all! It has cleared up a lot of things for me. Guess I was friendzoned from an early stage. I just really wasted my energy for this girl the whole while.
Original post by JackBlack
It reminds me of Romeo and Juliet. Maybe she does have feelings, but she isn't willing to take the risk unlike that fearless Juliet.

I wish that was true. But looking at other people's replys it seems as if she wasn't really interested in me in the first place.
Ive had this kind of convo before...
i don't think she likes you like that....she's literally sending you away, she's hoping you do well...without her
"Life ahead" she's not sure she wants to be a part of it.
It sucks when a close male friend confesses like this :'( ruins what could be an amazeballs friendship
Original post by NutellaLuv
Ive had this kind of convo before...
i don't think she likes you like that....she's literally sending you away, she's hoping you do well...without her
"Life ahead" she's not sure she wants to be a part of it.
It sucks when a close male friend confesses like this :'( ruins what could be an amazeballs friendship

If does suck, especially because I really liked this girl, and she just trampled over my feelings. She knew I had been giving her giving her hints but she was just acting oblivious. Just shows how stupid I had been wasting my energy for this girl.
If does suck, especially because I really liked this girl, and she just trampled over my feelings. She knew I had been giving her giving her hints but she was just acting oblivious. Just shows how stupid I had been wasting my energy for this girl.

Acting oblivious because she hoped you'd get over her and be her bestie for lyf (thats what i think when it happens)
Don't worry homie, you'll find someone soon
Don't worry, the One may come along when you least expect it

Don't worry, it happens to all of us, seriously. You will probably eventually meet someone you like at uni :smile:.
Original post by aamirac
Don't worry, the One may come along when you least expect it

This has really put me off tbh. I don't even know if in the future I will ever try to get a girl to like me. I fear that I will be friendzoned again, and I wouldn't want to be in that situation again.
This has really put me off tbh. I don't even know if in the future I will ever try to get a girl to like me. I fear that I will be friendzoned again, and I wouldn't want to be in that situation again.

But it's true!
Don't try, let it happen.
Original post by NutellaLuv
Acting oblivious because she hoped you'd get over her and be her bestie for lyf (thats what i think when it happens)
Don't worry homie, you'll find someone soon

Prior to the conversation, she said that will not enjoy college and that it will be boring without me. What is this supposed to mean? Is she confused about whether she likes me or not? It's all vague to me.
Original post by aamirac
But it's true!
Don't try, let it happen.

Prior to the conversation, she said that will not enjoy college and that it will be boring without me. What is this supposed to mean? Is she confused about whether she likes me or not? It's all vague to me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending