Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I'm an international student and I will start doing my master course at Kent this Sept.

I'm just wondering how it feels like to live in Woolf with other students. Are post grad students friendly? I don't want to live with a bunch of studious phantoms as I really want to make some foreign friends during my time staying there.

Thanks

Hey there,

You will certainly be given plenty of opportunities to meet a lot of new people during your time there. Inevitably, you will live with people who keep themselves quiet/in their rooms/studious/however you want to name it but there will be some who will be like you too. As well as the students union, postgrads are represented by their own group called the KGSA (Kent Graduates Student Association) who will organise events throughout freshers week and other events throughout the year for postgrads only.

If you're willing to seek out meeting others, you'll get by just fine :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be starting as a post grad student in September and I'm fairly friendly so there's that

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I can't wait to meet new people

Btw I've just received and accepted my accomodation offer. My room is D7/E (flat D7 room E I guess)

Just wondering which flat you guys are in. There will be a chance we staying in the same flat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thundaza)
    Hello

I can't wait to meet new people

Btw I've just received and accepted my accomodation offer. My room is D7/E (flat D7 room E I guess)

Just wondering which flat you guys are in. There will be a chance we staying in the same flat
    I haven't got my confirmation yet! Hopefully I'll get it this week though since I think they did international students first. When I find out I'll let you know and post here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrTeddyBear)
    I haven't got my confirmation yet! Hopefully I'll get it this week though since I think they did international students first. When I found out I'll let you know and post here
    Okay

Btw may I ask which course you will be doing?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Computer Science with an industrial placement, you?

ReputationRep:
    Cool

I will be doing IT Consultancy, but my bachelor was business management, and I have never studied programming in English before. So i'm feeling a bit worry if I can make it or not

Maybe we should contact each other sometime. Do you mind?

ReputationRep:
    Ah cool! I'm sure you'll be ok haha, and yeah I don't mind when are you moving in / coming to England on the 19th? I can give you my email or something

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing a masters too and will be staying in Woolf, I think I'm pretty nice

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 25, 2015
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.