The Student Room Group

What are you most looking forward to about uni ?

Some people are feeling worried ; hopefully this will cheer them up!:dance::dance:
Reply 1
Meeting the people who I will be living with for a year (praying we will be similar and get on).
Meeting the people who I will hang out with for the next year (highly unlikely it will be flatmates too much unless we do get on very well).
But most importantly.. Reading for the degree which is something I truly have an interest for.
Maintenace grant
lol jk, excited to do the course and meet new people
Reply 4
Really looking forward to meeting new people from all over the world and learning new and exciting things.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The freedom! And meeting lots of cool new people

Posted from TSR Mobile
As someone who's completed two years of uni, the best part for me was making lots of new friends, some of whom I know will be friends for life! Also the independence is great, as well as trying new things which you wouldn't really be able to do elsewhere, such as new sports :smile:
About to start second year, and so excited to be going back! :biggrin: Looking forward to living with my friends (more about that in a minute), get back to doing the course I adore, getting my independence back, living in a city I love and having all the laughs again!

To all freshers... Don't worry about making friends, everyone's in the same boat! :biggrin: Just swallow your shyness, be friendly, be yourself. Don't worry if you don't click with your flatmates, either. I didn't, but just because I couldn't hold more than a 2 minute conversation with them in the kitchen didn't mean I was lonely/friendless! There's plenty of places to make friends. Societies are a place to start, and courses are, too. I made a ton of friends on my course, many of which I can tell will be friends for life and I'm living with six friends from my course in second year! In fact, it didn't bother me that I didn't become "family" with my flatmates and was rarely in my flat (other than to cook, sleep and shower) after Christmas because I'd made so many other excellent friends and was permanently with them, and a lot of people are the same! :biggrin: Just relax, take a deep breath, and get talking as you will find people you click with (coming from someone who was a social outcast pretty much at secondary school!)

Best of luck!
Original post by ChemicalBond
About to start second year, and so excited to be going back! :biggrin: Looking forward to living with my friends (more about that in a minute), get back to doing the course I adore, getting my independence back, living in a city I love and having all the laughs again!

To all freshers... Don't worry about making friends, everyone's in the same boat! :biggrin: Just swallow your shyness, be friendly, be yourself. Don't worry if you don't click with your flatmates, either. I didn't, but just because I couldn't hold more than a 2 minute conversation with them in the kitchen didn't mean I was lonely/friendless! There's plenty of places to make friends. Societies are a place to start, and courses are, too. I made a ton of friends on my course, many of which I can tell will be friends for life and I'm living with six friends from my course in second year! In fact, it didn't bother me that I didn't become "family" with my flatmates and was rarely in my flat (other than to cook, sleep and shower) after Christmas because I'd made so many other excellent friends and was permanently with them, and a lot of people are the same! :biggrin: Just relax, take a deep breath, and get talking as you will find people you click with (coming from someone who was a social outcast pretty much at secondary school!)

Best of luck!

Thanks for sharing your experience, that's made me feel a lot less nervous! X
Original post by elzbellz123
Thanks for sharing your experience, that's made me feel a lot less nervous! X

Hey no worries! :biggrin: Glad I could help, good luck with everything! :smile: X
Being actually able to do my favourite hobbies more than once every 3/4 weeks :angry:.
Namely, tennis. Favourite thing in my life (just ahead of Maths lol), never get to play it :frown:.
There are a couple of others too...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending