Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I am an overseas student. But I don't know when I should leave and study in UK. Should I leave after grade 11 or after grade 12... If I leave after grade 12, I need to attend the DSE in Hong Kong apply directly to university. But I don't have any idea about A-level.. So should I leave after grade11? I know that there's some courses for overseas students, which they can master A-level in one year time..

    So does anyone know which way is easier for overseas student?

    Assuming you are in grade 11 and you are looking for a uni overseas,
    all I can say is most/all unis (and schools/colleges) can use your grade system to see if you fit their requirements so you don't need to do A-levels. So you can leave after grade 12

    If you really want to do A levels you can always find a school in your country that has the A-level system
    or transfer to UK and start in the right year (lets just say there's a chance you might not end up in your age group)

    I would suggest just stay with your system

University open days

  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.