The Student Room Group

Computer Science at Massachusets Institute of Technology

Hi
Which A-Levels should I opt so that I can apply for MIT as a Computer Science student?
Maths and further maths would be your go-to subjects. Physics would also be useful -- it uses maths, which computer science is based upon. Computing/Computer Science isn't as relevant as one may think, so don't feel obligated to choose those courses. But yeah, maths is a must, further maths is highly recommended, and physics is also recommended, but not compulsory.
Reply 2
Original post by ETbuymilkandeggs
Maths and further maths would be your go-to subjects. Physics would also be useful -- it uses maths, which computer science is based upon. Computing/Computer Science isn't as relevant as one may think, so don't feel obligated to choose those courses. But yeah, maths is a must, further maths is highly recommended, and physics is also recommended, but not compulsory.

Are you sure about MIT?
Original post by abhayram04
Are you sure about MIT?

I'm basing these suggestions on the CompSci entry requirements at every respectable Uni in the UK. To do computer science, you need maths and maybe a science at A-level. If you're asking if I'm applying to MIT for CompSci -- no. I haven't finished my A-levels yet, and will likely apply to a UK university instead.

Quick Reply

Latest