Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I was wondering if you don't attend all of the freshers events do you miss out on making friends?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r-t)
    So I was wondering if you don't attend all of the freshers events do you miss out on making friends?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just go to the ones you want. The more you go to, the more likely you'll make friends but if you're the type of person that only makes friends with people on your course then I guess it doesn't matter as much. Its good if you're a commuter too because it's just a good chance to meet people. At the start of your course is the most important so you'll have to be proactive and quick before everyone settles down into their cliques I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyuz)
    Just go to the ones you want. The more you go to, the more likely you'll make friends but if you're the type of person that only makes friends with people on your course then I guess it doesn't matter as much. Its good if you're a commuter too because it's just a good chance to meet people. At the start of your course is the most important so you'll have to be proactive and quick before everyone settles down into their cliques I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeh the last bit is what I'm worried about but I'll probably go to most of them which will give me a good opportunity. My uni is split up in campuses I think so would it just be more suitable making friends with people who study in the same department as me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r-t)
    Yeh the last bit is what I'm worried about but I'll probably go to most of them which will give me a good opportunity. My uni is split up in campuses I think so would it just be more suitable making friends with people who study in the same department as me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sure although I suppose it can't hurt to make friends from other courses too. Everyone's in the same boat anyway and just meeting each other

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyuz)
    Sure although I suppose it can't hurt to make friends from other courses too. Everyone's in the same boat anyway and just meeting each other

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeh it's much better than starting at a new school where everyone's already got their established groups lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    freshers week is the best way to start of the year catch up with old drinking buddies and make new ones you should make friends with folks outside of your course also as it gives you something else to speak about if your course starts to grate on you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crymeariver1982)
    freshers week is the best way to start of the year catch up with old drinking buddies and make new ones you should make friends with folks outside of your course also as it gives you something else to speak about if your course starts to grate on you
    Oh yeh that's true but then we would be in different campuses and I wouldn't see them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i suppose but it means you can get out and about and explore its proper scary but well worth it in the end, youll be fine just find your feet x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crymeariver1982)
    i suppose but it means you can get out and about and explore its proper scary but well worth it in the end, youll be fine just find your feet x
    Yeh I suppose. Thanks for the reassurance

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You are not alone.I am the oldest one in my class.I'm 45 and it doesn't bother me.I will talk to everyone and anyone.Only go where you want to go.Don't be pressured into going if you don't feel comfortable.
    Find out about all events before you go so you are armed with all the facts.I see and have been told that's its just one big jolly up,booze up galore..
    I don't drink so for me each to their own,but I will be using that time to gain as much info about my course,the people I am studying with and the facilities available and picking up as many leaflets as I can(I do so love a leaflet!!!!)

Best of luck to ya.
    Angie

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.