Kashmir24
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi!
Just wondering if any postgrads have been offered university managed off campus accommodation. Although my first two preferences were on campus housing, I was recently offered a room about 3 miles from campus. Where's everyone else living this year?
magegg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm wondering the same thing. Still waiting for an offer on a room, I applyed a little though.
Kashmir24
Rep:
?
Hopefully you'll get a response soon! From what I know, most people I've spoken to who have gotten offers got University managed off campus housing/Study Inn. Did you apply for an on campus room?

(Original post by magegg)
I'm wondering the same thing. Still waiting for an offer on a room, I applyed a little though.
magegg
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kashmir24)
Hopefully you'll get a response soon! From what I know, most people I've spoken to who have gotten offers got University managed off campus housing/Study Inn. Did you apply for an on campus room?
I think I applied for both. The off-campus accomodations were pretty far down on my list, but I think thats where I will end up since I'm guessing that on-campus housing is in highest demand among students.
Theridamas
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
International postgrad here... I haven't heard anything, and on-campus accommodation is my first few preferences. Starting to get a little worried to be honest, although from what I can tell they give international postgrads first preference in the allocation.
magegg
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm also an international postgrad who hasn't heard anything! Glad I'm not the only one, when did you get your offer? I didn't get my offer until the 6th of august, so I missed the 31st of July deadline for accomodation application. I hope you are correct that international students get some sort of priority.
Kashmir24
Rep:
?
I got my offer in June. I applied for accommodation before the deadline and got an off campus house managed by the University. I had on campus accommodation listed as my first two preferences so I think it's probably just a luck thing since I'm an international student too. Hopefully you both will get an email soon! What course are you in? I'll be studying Marketing and Strategy at WBS .
Theridamas
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm doing PhD in English literature and I got my university offer back in March. However, it's still conditional (I just finished a masters thesis and I'm waiting for the results of the examination) so now I'm starting to worry that this may affect things slightly. I applied for the accommodation before the deadline and put Claycroft as my first preference.
Really hope it gets sorted out soon because there's so much else I need to organize.
magegg
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My offer is still conditional aswell, I am still waiting for the university to recieve my IELTS results. Maybe thats the answer too all of this, maybe you need a unconditional offer before they are willing to offer you an accomodation?

I am doing a Msc in International Politics and East Asia btw
lilys
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have recently spoken to the Accomodation Office at Warwick and was told that the majority of postgrads have not yet received their offers as they are waiting on replies from non-EU students so that they can determine the number of rooms available...On top of that, but I haven't checked, I think first year undergrads may have their accomodation on campus guaranteed? I myself am an EU student so it looks like I am the final tier but I was assured I will be informed before the term starts
magegg
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lilys)
I have recently spoken to the Accomodation Office at Warwick and was told that the majority of postgrads have not yet received their offers as they are waiting on replies from non-EU students so that they can determine the number of rooms available...On top of that, but I haven't checked, I think first year undergrads may have their accomodation on campus guaranteed? I myself am an EU student so it looks like I am the final tier but I was assured I will be informed before the term starts
Thank you for figuring this out! I can breath more easily now.

I am one of those non-eu students (thanks alot parent-generation) so I guess I'm the one causing the delay haha.
JayTeeKay
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm a British/home postgrad student and received an offer for on-campus accommodation on Friday afternoon. That may put your minds at ease if you haven't already heard anything.
lilys
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JayTeeKay)
I'm a British/home postgrad student and received an offer for on-campus accommodation on Friday afternoon. That may put your minds at ease if you haven't already heard anything.
Thanks! Although actually it just made me more nervous - because some people have obviously already been given offers and it's still nothing for me... I would just like to know where I stand :/
Theridamas
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lilys)
Thanks! Although actually it just made me more nervous - because some people have obviously already been given offers and it's still nothing for me... I would just like to know where I stand :/
Just to set your mind at ease - I'm an international postgrad and I still haven't heard anything.
Theridamas
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey all, I checked the Warwick accommodation page and they had a recent update stating:

"Accommodation offers for first year undergraduate applicants will be emailed by the end of week beginning 7 September.
Information about accommodation for postgraduate applicants will be emailed by the end of week beginning 14 September."

So I guess we shouldn't freak out just yet.
lilys
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just found out I got an on campus room, in my first choice halls! So there is hope for the rest of you guys as it looks like they don't send out the offers in batches...
cemetrygates
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Theridamas)
Hey all, I checked the Warwick accommodation page and they had a recent update stating:

"Accommodation offers for first year undergraduate applicants will be emailed by the end of week beginning 7 September.
Information about accommodation for postgraduate applicants will be emailed by the end of week beginning 14 September."

So I guess we shouldn't freak out just yet.
How odd, I'm a postgrad and received an email about my accommodation on the 4th September...
Theridamas
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just got my offer of accommodation this morning for Claycroft. Such a relief!
magegg
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Theridamas)
Just got my offer of accommodation this morning for Claycroft. Such a relief!
Congrats!

Me on the other hand did not get a university managed accomodation, private housing market here I come.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (29)
45.31%
No (35)
54.69%

Watched Threads