The Student Room Group

Sixthform subjects help

Hi, i am going to start my alevels this september at a grammar school however i did not necessarily meet my predicted gcse grades and thus want to only study 3 alevels. These being litterature, law and history. I am interested in studying law at the university of birmingham, do you think i have chosen a good subject range. Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by 0daisy0
Hi, i am going to start my alevels this september at a grammar school however i did not necessarily meet my predicted gcse grades and thus want to only study 3 alevels. These being litterature, law and history. I am interested in studying law at the university of birmingham, do you think i have chosen a good subject range. Thanks

Yes those 3 work well together if you are aiming for law
Have you looked at the minimum GCSE requirement to do law at birmingham on the ucas website
Reply 2
Original post by chem@uni
Yes those 3 work well together if you are aiming for law
Have you looked at the minimum GCSE requirement to do law at birmingham on the ucas website

I looked but could only find the entry requirment grades for A level.
Reply 3
Original post by 0daisy0

Found them for birmingham for you

GCSE/Standard Grade

General information on subjects/grades required for entry:Candidates are expected to offer C in English Language

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by 0daisy0

What did you get at GCSE is maths/english/science
Reply 5

A in English Literature and B's elsewhere unfortunately.
Reply 6

I think that if you are opting for a degree in science or maths then higher grades will apply, but for the humanities it is easier
Reply 7
Original post by 0daisy0
I think that if you are opting for a degree in science or maths then higher grades will apply, but for the humanities it is easier

Yes looked at the wrong course for you to do law at birmingham uni you only need a grade C in English Language at GCSE
Reply 8
Yes looked at the wrong course for you to do law at birmingham uni you only need a grade C in English Language at GCSE

That's good, what A levels are you or did you take ?
Reply 9
Original post by 0daisy0
That's good, what A levels are you or did you take ?

I just finished A levels and final 3 were Chemistry, Maths and Physics, having dropped further maths at AS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending