Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i am going to start my alevels this september at a grammar school however i did not necessarily meet my predicted gcse grades and thus want to only study 3 alevels. These being litterature, law and history. I am interested in studying law at the university of birmingham, do you think i have chosen a good subject range. Thanks

(Original post by 0daisy0)
    Hi, i am going to start my alevels this september at a grammar school however i did not necessarily meet my predicted gcse grades and thus want to only study 3 alevels. These being litterature, law and history. I am interested in studying law at the university of birmingham, do you think i have chosen a good subject range. Thanks
    Yes those 3 work well together if you are aiming for law
    Have you looked at the minimum GCSE requirement to do law at birmingham on the ucas website

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    Yes those 3 work well together if you are aiming for law
    Have you looked at the minimum GCSE requirement to do law at birmingham on the ucas website
    I looked but could only find the entry requirment grades for A level.

Found them for birmingham for you
    • GCSE/Standard Grade
    • General information on subjects/grades required for entry:Candidates are expected to offer C in English Language

What did you get at GCSE is maths/english/science

ReputationRep:
    A in English Literature and B's elsewhere unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    I think that if you are opting for a degree in science or maths then higher grades will apply, but for the humanities it is easier

I think that if you are opting for a degree in science or maths then higher grades will apply, but for the humanities it is easier
    Yes looked at the wrong course for you to do law at birmingham uni you only need a grade C in English Language at GCSE

ReputationRep:
    Yes looked at the wrong course for you to do law at birmingham uni you only need a grade C in English Language at GCSE
    That's good, what A levels are you or did you take ?

That's good, what A levels are you or did you take ?
    I just finished A levels and final 3 were Chemistry, Maths and Physics, having dropped further maths at AS

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.