The Student Room Group

Reasons why the UK shouldn't take more refugees.

Scroll to see replies

1. We are not the world charity
2. We are already full up as a tiny island
3. Our resources are stretched like others said with the NHS and housing crisis
4. Most of these migrants will not be able to speak English or pay no tax whatsoever, they will take tax money instead and this is just going to make our already struggling economy worse
5. Most of these migrants mainly non-syrians are just economic migrants going after our generous benefit system therefore they should be denied entry into the UK at all costs
6. As a refugee you should be claiming asylum in the first safe country you step foot on, the UK is certainly not near Syria
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by DarthRoar
Yep, literally millions of innocent children were killed by our air strikes. Literally millions. Oh wait, no that never happened either.

How are you so certain?
No more third world immigration. It's a ****ing insult how so many of those that have come here in the era of mass immigration refuse to integrate, look down, and despise Western ways The contempt for Western Culture millions of people coming in have is horrendous. In Luton, where I'm from, certain communities have had 50 years to integrate, and the ghettos are only getting bigger and more wahabbism and veils everywhere, same as elsewhere. The more that come in, the more segregation. And the sun doesn't shine out of their arse because they immigrants like the left repeatedly force down are throat.

Many integrate and fit into the culture, I know because half my family are Muslim, if too young to be into the religion right now and I hope they steer clear tbh. But the way we have been deceived and influenced to believe that letting such lack of integration been seen as OK and welcomed to create great divides between one culture and the rest of us is lunacy. Absolute lunacy.

That is the power of devious political thought-control dogmas like political correctness and multicultural brainwashing.

We are supposed to go past an Islamic ghetto and smile and be proud of what good multiculturalists we are and how cultural enriched we are when any of the 30,000 known extremists could be lurking and planning the next atrocities, to then be told the same stupid, untrue drivel and nothing gets done. We just permit it further and sticking out head in the sand acting like 2,999,100 out of the three million odd Muslims in the UK follow the reformist version of Islam rather than the bat **** crazy, fanatical, most fundamental, West hating.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Cod3tte
How are you so certain?

Lets say an air strike kills 20 people. To kill say 2 million people, we need 100,000 air strikes. Over 3 years, that's 100 air strikes per day, which is an air strike every 15 minutes, for 3 years straight, day and night. Can you not see how ridiculous this is.
Original post by Cod3tte
What about a Migrant willing to learn?

Sure my grandparents weren't educated but they contributed to the UK the best way they could. They raised 7 children and now those children are adults and they have businesses that contribute to the economy.

I hear what you are saying but we have no need to take anyone but the best in.
Refugees aren't taking up any money at all, they are very unlucky poor people most of them work 12 hour shifts at a factory which locals are not willing to do. The large salary of MPs, royal family flying via private jet on our money is what is causing a lack of resources for British people.
Original post by Calsiwm_Silicad
The UK has always been a welcoming country , accepting people. With this current "migrant crisis" with all these "marauding migrants" coming in their "swarms" what I don't understand is why we're not accepting our fair share of these refugees. These people are coming from Eritrea and Syria - yet we're turning them away. I'm just making this thread because I find it impossible to think of valid reasons why we shouldn't accept the same amount per person as for example Sweden and Germany. So could someone please give me some reasons why we shouldn't accept more than we already do?

**thsi is my first time posting in the debate and current affairs forum so if I'm in the wrong place could someone redirect me please?**

The majority of those crossing the Mediterranean were not refugees from Syria or Eritrea but economic migrants.

Sweden and most of the EU was allocated quotas simply because so many had come with Merkel's encouragement.

Let's take more refugees, but first vastly reduce immigration so we can cope and vet them in refugee camps so we know they are genuine and not a threat.
Original post by HItchslapped
I think we have an moral obligation to take in refugees from Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya as our country created the circumstances in which these refugees were created. Unfortunately I don't think our country will even rise to that minimum moral standard never mine taking in their fair share of refugees from Syria. This is a global crisis and whilst Lebanon, Turkey, Jordan and Egypt have over 95% of the total number of Syrian refugees, the UK refuses to accept a fraction of those 5% of Syrian refugees heading to Europe. If you think that is morally acceptable, then that is your stance.

The problem is it's the people who will bear the effects, despite only 11% of the public supporting the Libya madness, and millions protesting against the Iraq war. I understand the point but are we responsible for our foolish warmongering political class?
Original post by 2071067
My grandmother who has kidney failure had to wait months for dialysis and even the operation to insert the tubes into her arm was cancelled many times because the hospital was overstretched. I and plenty of other brits struggle to find a job, we really can't take these immigrants. They are dead weights, mostly unskilled and with health problems from being in war-torn countries not to mention that there are elderly and children among them. The only good migrants are young degree educated healthy people and only if we actually need them.

It's the royal family's fault not the broke immigrants who have nothing to live for. The royals enjoy their life at the expense of the taxpayer
Reply 229
Original post by Underground906
No more third world immigration. It's a ****ing insult how so many of those that have come here in the era of mass immigration refuse to integrate, look down, and despise Western ways The contempt for Western Culture millions of people coming in have is horrendous. In Luton, where I'm from, certain communities have had 50 years to integrate, and the ghettos are only getting bigger and more wahabbism and veils everywhere, same as elsewhere. The more that come in, the more segregation. And the sun doesn't shine out of their arse because they immigrants like the left repeatedly force down are throat.

And yet you get people going from the west to live in places like Qatar and the UAE expecting to be able to drink, fornicate, walk around half dressed etc. Those ****ing immigrants aye! no respect.
Original post by Napp
And yet you get people going from the west to live in places like Qatar and the UAE expecting to be able to drink, fornicate, walk around half dressed etc. Those ****ing immigrants aye! no respect.

The standard brutally babyish left-wing false equivalence. Completely opposite to real facts, logic and reality. This is the reality you've been conditioned to ignore (and will still completely ignore after me pointing it out, just like the thousands of police and social services team in the grooming scandals did with the most horrific acts). These facts comes from that Far-Right, xenophobic, Nazi propaganda piece the BBC.

School in Tower Hamlets teaches girls as young as 11 that the correct form for a Muslim girl outside of school is a black Burqa. 11 years old and they are to cover up so that they don't incite lust or sexual thoughts in men, as obviously men have no need to control themselves and not be a rapey pederast. Talk about rape culture.

40% of the 1750 mosques in the UK, 700 of them, funding by an fundamentalist sect that is highly repressive women. They've issued fatwas (legal judgements based on Islamic law), such as:

A female is encouraged to remain within the confined of her home as much as possible, she should not come out of her home without need or necessity

It is generally impermissable for a woman to travel more than 48 miles unless accompanied by a male relative, even if the purpose is to attend a religious gathering

And highly influential Imams saying:

We are in a very dangerous situation here. We live amongst the Kuffar, we work with them, we associate with them, we mix with them and we begin to pick up their habits

Yet they choose to come here to live, to benefit from are social system, and yet many can't stand us and our way of life and think it is corrupt.

And you're so triggered at any suggestion that immigration isn't all a bed of roses and the blatant truth is we are creating massive segregation because the media narrative has filled gullible heads like yours with the idea that anything less than speaking about all immigrants in glowing terms, or being firm people integrate and respect the culture means you are scapegoating a whole race of people out of Nazi, far-right beliefs, just like the Nazi's did, that you think the reality above is just the same as some westerners letting their hair down in Sharia countries. You're so clueless. Dangerously so.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by paul514
I hear what you are saying but we have no need to take anyone but the best in.

Low-skilled workers also keep our economy going. Would you be willing to pick strawberries or be a cleaner? Even if you would, the majority of British born people would not do that kind of work, it is immigrants that keep them fields going.
Original post by Cod3tte
My parents are born here, my grandparents came to England.

And is it really their fault they are uneducated? Is it their fault they don't want to integrate? They've come from a warzone, so to them everything is a threat.

And why should they come without mosques? Isn't it good that the UK caters for everyone? Should Sikhs come without Gudwaras? Hindus come without temples? Jewish people come without synagogues?

comparing your grandparents with the migrants we have today is not the same.

You're grand parents presumably got here because they were qualified. Those that come here today (or to europe in general), claim to be refugees, but a lot of them are economic migrants, who are here to feed off others.

You're grandparents did not come here like that.
Reply 233
Yet they choose to come here to live, to benefit from are social system, and yet many can't stand us and our way of life and think it is corrupt.

And you're so triggered at any suggestion that immigration isn't all a bed of roses and the blatant truth is we are creating massive segregation because the media narrative has filled gullible heads like yours with the idea that anything less than speaking about all immigrants in glowing terms, or being firm people integrate and respect the culture means you are scapegoating a whole race of people out of Nazi, far-right beliefs, just like the Nazi's did, that you think the reality above is just the same as some westerners letting their hair down in Sharia countries. You're so clueless. Dangerously so.

Who says I’m left wing? I just think your opinion is a load of rubbish.
Original post by RickHendricks
comparing your grandparents with the migrants we have today is not the same.

You're grand parents presumably got here because they were qualified. Those that come here today (or to europe in general), claim to be refugees, but a lot of them are economic migrants, who are here to feed off others.

You're grandparents did not come here like that.

Statistics prove that immigrants today, put more into the economy than they take out.
Original post by Cod3tte
Statistics prove that immigrants today, put more into the economy than they take out.

no clue why you mentioned that. Nothing I said was in relation to what you said. I was simply pointing out the invalidity in how you argued.

and after what you just said, I just did a quick google search.

EU immigrants put more into the economy than they take out.

This entire thread is about refugees. Not immigrants. Your grandparents were immigrants. Not refugees, hence why I pointed it out.

P.S: Who the **** revived this thread?
This necro has reminded me of the 2015 era of TSR right wing knob heads. I didn't need that.

Original post by Lord Kitchener
I've completely u-turned on this position. I bought too strongly into far-right rhetoric in regard to legitimising racism and xenophobia by believing there were 'legitimate concerns'. University has definitely made me more left-wing but I also uncritically absorbed public discourse too much back in 2015 to my shame. We should and can take many more people than we have thus far, and I am saddened at my flippant take on humanitarianism in my second sentence. I am a completely different person now.

The cultural Marxists got to you! :eek3:

The dude above who has paid for thier sins.
(edited 6 years ago)

And highly influential Imams saying:

I'm all for fostering feminism inside Muslim communities once they get here. Also where do you think a better place to live for a Muslim woman is? The UK or Iran?
Original post by YouAreAYute
''i dont want more muslims'' what bullsh*t, raised to discriminate i bet, clearly ignorant and uneducated smh

Rakas is a legit racist so...
no clue why you mentioned that. Nothing I said was in relation to what you said. I was simply pointing out the invalidity in how you argued.

and after what you just said, I just did a quick google search.

EU immigrants put more into the economy than they take out.

This entire thread is about refugees. Not immigrants. Your grandparents were immigrants. Not refugees, hence why I pointed it out.

Well, maybe if people didn't destroy the countries migrants are coming from in the first place, they wouldn't be coming here.

Is it really the refugees fault they are not educated? The children's school probably got blown to useless debris, they come to the UK to remain safe and educate themselves so maybe they can help our economy grow in the future.

And let's not give them the label "refugees" for a minute. Taking that label away what do they become. Other human beings who need help. They may need help in several ways. Isn't it our job as human beings to help them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending