Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm not sure where this should go so please excuse me if it's in the wrong section.
    I got 1 mark off of a B in my chemistry F321 and 2 marks off a B in my physics G482 paper. Do you think it would be worth it to send off for a remark? Is there a chance it could be graded up? I know there's a chance it could be marked down but I'm not sure if I should risk it or not... :/

Is there anyone else who has been in a similar situation and managed to have their papers graded up/down?

ReputationRep:
    If you're only one mark off in a subject like chemistry, where answer are more 'right or wrong' and less subjective, I would personally go for it. Your grade may not go up but as it's so close to the boundary the grade is unlikely to go down (although you may end up with a lower UMS). It's the same with physics - if it's that close to a boundary then it may very well be worth a remark. However, please bear in mind that remarks are expensive and unless your grade goes up you'll have to fork out about £100 to get both papers remarked (if the grade goes up you get the money back).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeFailFish)
    If you're only one mark off in a subject like chemistry, where answer are more 'right or wrong' and less subjective, I would personally go for it. Your grade may not go up but as it's so close to the boundary the grade is unlikely to go down (although you may end up with a lower UMS). It's the same with physics - if it's that close to a boundary then it may very well be worth a remark. However, please bear in mind that remarks are expensive and unless your grade goes up you'll have to fork out about £100 to get both papers remarked (if the grade goes up you get the money back).
    Thank you! I think I'll go for it, then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammy9898)
    Hi,
    I'm not sure where this should go so please excuse me if it's in the wrong section.
    I got 1 mark off of a B in my chemistry F321 and 2 marks off a B in my physics G482 paper. Do you think it would be worth it to send off for a remark? Is there a chance it could be graded up? I know there's a chance it could be marked down but I'm not sure if I should risk it or not... :/

Is there anyone else who has been in a similar situation and managed to have their papers graded up/down?
    My friend got her Chem remarked and it went up by 4 marks from a B to an A, this was on AQA though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simbasdragon)
    My friend got her Chem remarked and it went up by 4 marks from a B to an A, this was on AQA though.
    before the remark, how far away from an A was your friend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammy9898)
    before the remark, how far away from an A was your friend?
    I believe 4 marks. However I imagine this increase in a subject as objective as Chemistry is rare, but clearly still possible.

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.