Turn on thread page Beta

How to back up iphone to windows laptop? watch

ReputationRep:
    how can i back up the important things on my iphone 6, mainly the photos to a laptop?

my cousin wants me to back her phone up on my laptop, the problem is that ive already backed my iphone onto it, can I do hers too? how do i do it?

ReputationRep:
    When I had a windows laptop I just used iTunes. I had more than one iphone backed up to my iTunes at once, but I don't know if it was because I had it set to "manually manage music" so they didn't automatically try to sync. But you can have several iphones backed up at once, if you want to restore a phone from a backup you just have a choice between what backup to use (e.g. "Yourname's iPhone" and "Yourcousin's iPhone").

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmlag)
    When I had a windows laptop I just used iTunes. I had more than one iphone backed up to my iTunes at once, but I don't know if it was because I had it set to "manually manage music" so they didn't automatically try to sync. But you can have several iphones backed up at once, if you want to restore a phone from a backup you just have a choice between what backup to use (e.g. "Yourname's iPhone" and "Yourcousin's iPhone".
    do you know if photos are backed up too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blyts-_)
    Yes, they are. Also, if you choose to encrypt the backup (by requiring a password of your choice to restore from it), it'll back up Health data and account password. That means that, if they get a new iPhone, they won't have to set up their email accounts etc. again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blyts-_)
    Yeah. They won't be transferred as files onto your computer, s you won't be able to access them that way, but they're backed up so if you get a new iPhone the photos will be synced to your new device.

If you want to copy the photo files from your iPhone, you have to do it a different way.

ReputationRep:
    If you want to be really sure you've backed up the photos, just open your iphone using 'View files'. heck, it's just easier to right click on the iphone in My Computer and press "import photos and videos" and windows does it all for you, no need to drag and drop.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.