How to back up iphone to windows laptop?

Watch
Blyts-_
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
how can i back up the important things on my iphone 6, mainly the photos to a laptop?

my cousin wants me to back her phone up on my laptop, the problem is that ive already backed my iphone onto it, can I do hers too? how do i do it?
emmlag
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
When I had a windows laptop I just used iTunes. I had more than one iphone backed up to my iTunes at once, but I don't know if it was because I had it set to "manually manage music" so they didn't automatically try to sync. But you can have several iphones backed up at once, if you want to restore a phone from a backup you just have a choice between what backup to use (e.g. "Yourname's iPhone" and "Yourcousin's iPhone").
Blyts-_
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by emmlag)
When I had a windows laptop I just used iTunes. I had more than one iphone backed up to my iTunes at once, but I don't know if it was because I had it set to "manually manage music" so they didn't automatically try to sync. But you can have several iphones backed up at once, if you want to restore a phone from a backup you just have a choice between what backup to use (e.g. "Yourname's iPhone" and "Yourcousin's iPhone".
do you know if photos are backed up too?
username1230881
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Blyts-_)
Yes, they are. Also, if you choose to encrypt the backup (by requiring a password of your choice to restore from it), it'll back up Health data and account password. That means that, if they get a new iPhone, they won't have to set up their email accounts etc. again.
emmlag
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Blyts-_)
Yeah. They won't be transferred as files onto your computer, s you won't be able to access them that way, but they're backed up so if you get a new iPhone the photos will be synced to your new device.

If you want to copy the photo files from your iPhone, you have to do it a different way.
Youni-chan
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you want to be really sure you've backed up the photos, just open your iphone using 'View files'. heck, it's just easier to right click on the iphone in My Computer and press "import photos and videos" and windows does it all for you, no need to drag and drop.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (154)
60.39%
I don't have everything I need (101)
39.61%

Watched Threads