Which do you consider the best combination?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Xpander
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
1.GCE A level Biology,GCE A level Chemistry and AS Mathematics or Physics

2.GCE A level Chemistry,GCE A level Mathematics and AS Physics

3.GCE A level Physics, GCE A level Mathematics and AS Further Mathematics

These are three good science A-level combinations. I personally like the second and especially the third one . Which do you consider the best one?
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I say it depends very much on what you want to do at university. If its maths, then physics and further maths would go especially well because then it shows that you have concentrated on the most mathematical science and further maths would be almost essential for uni. This concentration of maths would probably increase your chances and lighten the load too. My brother did maths at uni and found it very hard without having done further maths - and if you're considering Oxbridge, surely this is a must!!

However, as most people would say, go for what you would enjoy most...so much maths may get rather boring and maybe you want a bit of variety! All the combinations look fine to me
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
A Level Maths, Physics and AS Further Maths. That's what I did (along with A Level French).. hated Biology and didn't really like the Chemistry bits of Science GCSE, so didn't do them at AS.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Well I like the look of maths, physics, futhur maths, but i probably couldnt handle doing any more maths so i would go for....... boilogy although I hate we have a fit teacher,so it would be worth it
PHIL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I agree with ADshur.
emom100
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Personally I would do the first one, but like everyone else has said it depends on what you want to do. Biology might give you more options than just physics, maths and further maths. It also might give you a bit of variety.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
urgghhh...to me they all seem slightly hideous- but i'm not a very sciency person (i'm not really an anything 'type' person. lol.) anything with lots of maths has got to be good tho.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (207)
46.94%
Take exams next summer (63)
14.29%
Change uni choice through clearing (100)
22.68%
Apply to uni next year instead (45)
10.2%
I'm not applying to university (26)
5.9%

Watched Threads