Turn on thread page Beta

Which do you consider the best combination? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    1.GCE A level Biology,GCE A level Chemistry and AS Mathematics or Physics

2.GCE A level Chemistry,GCE A level Mathematics and AS Physics

3.GCE A level Physics, GCE A level Mathematics and AS Further Mathematics

These are three good science A-level combinations. I personally like the second and especially the third one . Which do you consider the best one?

ReputationRep:
    I say it depends very much on what you want to do at university. If its maths, then physics and further maths would go especially well because then it shows that you have concentrated on the most mathematical science and further maths would be almost essential for uni. This concentration of maths would probably increase your chances and lighten the load too. My brother did maths at uni and found it very hard without having done further maths - and if you're considering Oxbridge, surely this is a must!!

However, as most people would say, go for what you would enjoy most...so much maths may get rather boring and maybe you want a bit of variety! All the combinations look fine to me

ReputationRep:
    A Level Maths, Physics and AS Further Maths. That's what I did (along with A Level French).. hated Biology and didn't really like the Chemistry bits of Science GCSE, so didn't do them at AS.

Well I like the look of maths, physics, futhur maths, but i probably couldnt handle doing any more maths so i would go for....... boilogy although I hate we have a fit teacher,so it would be worth it

ReputationRep:
    I agree with ADshur.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I would do the first one, but like everyone else has said it depends on what you want to do. Biology might give you more options than just physics, maths and further maths. It also might give you a bit of variety.

ReputationRep:
    urgghhh...to me they all seem slightly hideous- but i'm not a very sciency person (i'm not really an anything 'type' person. lol.) anything with lots of maths has got to be good tho.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.