Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hello there,

    I plan on taking civil or mechanical engineering in university but the problem is, that I am only able to take up SL Physics and Math. I have been looking, but I have not found any universities that would take in SL Math and Physics that are in the UK.

    Is there any universities that would accept SL Math and Physics at possibly a high 6-7? I have just completed my GCSEs and school just started so I am a little flexible to changing to A levels if there are no universities that would accept SL Math and Physics.

    I unfortunately did poorly for my physics for GCSEs but I am confident I would do well for A levels or IB but my school wouldn't let me in for HL Math and Physics because it is apparently really hard. And also A levels Physics might be crossed out for me in this school due to my poor physics result.

    So basically, I would like to know if there is any universities that would accept IB SL Math and Physics or should I look for another school that would give me A level Physics (I prefer A levels over IB, but my school can only provide me with SL Math and Physics and not HL).

    Thanks guys
    • Community Assistant

    Community Assistant
    There might be some foundation courses which will take you, although that would mean another year of studies

    Surrey and Nottingham for sure, and I remember a couple of engineering courses at Birmingham. UCL? I know they don't require HL math for civil.

    I wouldn't do a foundation year if you can get into any first year course. I turned down Manchester for Loughborough for this reason.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 26, 2015

University open days

  • University of Chichester
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Thu, 25 Oct '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Oct '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.