Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    There's a lot of hype on Facebook about the icebreaker ticket, but I'd like to get a consensace of whether people are buying the 50 quid band for the 4 nights talked about in the welcome pack?

ReputationRep:
    I'd wait until you arrive before buying any tickets if I were you, so you know what your flatmates are doing.

I'd also go for the official Students Union events, personally. The unofficial events are run all over the country, so they're very generic and commercial in nature. The fact that you've seen a lot of hype surrounding them is more likely a result of the sheer amount of promotion they have rather than an indication of quality.

Most of the Freshers' groups on Facebook (for universities all over the country, not just Manchester) are set up by the companies behind these events, purely to lure in as many students as possible and milk them for cash. It's not something I'm particularly keen on supporting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HandmadeTurnip)
    I'd wait until you arrive before buying any tickets if I were you, so you know what your flatmates are doing.

I'd also go for the official Students Union events, personally. The unofficial events are run all over the country, so they're very generic and commercial in nature. The fact that you've seen a lot of hype surrounding them is more likely a result of the sheer amount of promotion they have rather than an indication of quality.

Most of the Freshers' groups on Facebook (for universities all over the country, not just Manchester) are set up by the companies behind these events, purely to lure in as many students as possible and milk them for cash. It's not something I'm particularly keen on supporting.
    Thank you! That's really helped me decide

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.